Monday, January 19, 2009

Starting to Annoy Me . . .

My Mom was always big into 'holiday outfits'. Growing up that usually meant some fantastically coordinating poofy dresses for my sisters and I for most major holidays. Nowadays it means I can usually sucker my Mom into buying 'holiday outfits' for my girls if we just happen to take her with us to Target or something the week or two before the next holiday when there's cute baby outfits on display. Is that evil? :-)




This year though, Valentine's Day clothing is really beginning to piss me off. Everywhere I've gone I have found the cutest little short sleeve dresses, tee-shirts and short sets. Did everyone in the clothing industry fail to notice that Valentine's Day is in February!! You know, WINTER! Maybe this'd work just fine for Busca's girls down in Arizona, but for us, I'm expecting it to be in the 20-30 degree range over this particular holiday, and it would kinda be negligent parenting to stick Ellie in a pair of shorts and a 'dress' that barely covers her diapers.

Has anyone else noticed this seasonal discrepancy? Does anyone else find this odd?

3 comments:

Jessi said...

It does seem a little silly to make summer Valentines Day clothing....Those dresses are so cute though....you could get sweaters and tights!

Lani said...

Ha ha! Interesting observation. You'd think they could at least match the sleeve length to the climate of the region. Silly clothing distributors!

Unknown said...

would work here in New Zealan, as we are in summer. But we don't get those cute clothes here.