Literally.
Annie had another poopy accident earlier today, and this time did it while I was out of the room. So, she decided to take matters into her own hands (literally too, ewwww.) I came down to find her in the bathroom, almost an entire roll of toilet paper that she'd been using to clean off her legs in the toilet. I helped her get cleaned up the rest of the way. Crossed my fingers and flushed the toilet, hoping all the toilet paper wouldn't clog. Shampooed select areas of our front room carpet. Then went to start laundry. It was at this point, as I was gathering the various rags I'd been using to clean, I realized something was missing, "Hey Annie, where were your panties?" "Oh," she replied, "I'd put them in the potty." Crap.
Things that remind me how much I love this kid though:
She's made up her own little song to sing her address. Impressive.
She came and sat on my lap earlier and said, "Mommy, let's play 'Rock a Bye Baby', I'll be the baby!"
She keeps trying to entertain Ellie, talking in the funniest high pitched voice as she coos, "Look at you Ellie! You are so big! Look at you! Look what a big girl!" Ellie just grins ear to ear.
How she's looking over this blog post as I type and pointing out all the A's, N's, I's and E's.
How when my Dad came over today to play board games with her, she kept 'accidently', or not at all accidently, using her game piece to knock over his whenever she passed his on the board. Then would laugh uproariously.
How when Ellie wakes up from a nap, Annie screams, "MOM! She's awake!" Then rushes in there and talks to her through the crib until I finish what I was doing (washing out poopy panties . . . the ones from earlier that didn't go down the drain).
How she brought me a size 5 diaper for Ellie while I was changing her earlier. When I pointed out I needed a littler one for Ellie, Annie looked at me for a second, obviously not wanting to go run another errand, then smartly said, "I decided I'd share with Ellie. She can have mine. It's OK."
2 comments:
Jeff used to flush things down the toilet all the time. Then he would get really upset that they were gone. It was cute and sad. At least she was trying to help!
She's such a sweetie.
Hey, continuation of my last comment... we had to sort of take a break with Monk for several months and go back to diapers 'cause she just kept having accidents and screaming when we'd suggest she use the potty. It stinks to go back to changing diapers again, but I think it was what Monk needed.
Anyway... good luck!!
Post a Comment