So, Annie came into our room early, early this morning . . . sometime before 6AM. She had to pee, and was just informing us she was headed into the bathroom. Incredibly impressed that my two year old woke herself up to use the potty before morning, but couldn't help groggily thinking, "Kid, this is why you sleep in a diaper!"
Annie did go all day yesterday in panties without a single accident . . . and can surprisingly go like 4-5 hours between needing to use the potty (that last hour or two I'm a nervous wreck, just waiting for find a puddle somewhere). Still very stubborn though, I think anytime I gently reminded her about the potty, she held off another half hour or so before she would go and use the bathroom.
Ellie will probably end up crawling eventually. This week she finally decided that being on her tummy isn't complete torture. I mean, she still doesn't like it, and will roll over onto her back pretty quickly, but she has at least showed some indications that she 'gets' that this tummy thing will eventually lead to some form of mobility. If put up on her hands and knees, she'll bob around for a second or two, then lunge towards something she wants. Then roll over onto her back. She has even put herself from sitting onto her hands and knees a few times in the last few days, which is amazing progess for our tummy-hater. So, she may be mobile one day . . . at which point I will predictably complain, "Remember when you could leave her on the floor in one place and come back and she'd still be there!" (As I've been typing this, she actually just dived from sitting onto her tummy to get to some of Annie's playing cards to eat.)
Ellie is also becoming quite the eater. Not that you can tell from her still-shy-of-15-pounds body. She LOVES fajitas. Onions, peppers, chicken. You'd think the kid is in heaven. She ate twice as much guacomole and beans than her big sister the other day, and will chow down on raw tomatoes until I'm afraid she'll turn red. Paper is still her favorite though. Particularly playing cards and books.
She's getting awfully chatty lately too . . . babbling all through Sunday School AND Elders' Quorum Greg informs me. His favorite part is that it's becoming increasingly a very clear "da da da da da." Annie even commented this morning, "Mom, did you hear that? Annie just said 'DaDa!' We should call Daddy."
Oh, and on a personal note. Am I the only person who loves talking in Sacrament meeting? Like LOVES it? Seriously, it bums me out I only get to do it every few years. Greg and I spoke this last Sunday, me speaking 25 minutes of our allotted time, poor Greg getting to improptu butcher his talk down to five minutes. (I'd TOLD him to only plan on 5 minutes, but the silly boy (who should know me better by now) still planned ten.) I don't know what it is, but I totally look forward to it all week, and then feel like a complete ROCK STAR when I'm done. I love the accolades, the teary eyes complimenting me on a job well done, the handshakes, hugs and back pats. The whole thing. Rock Star! Yeah, I'm pretty sure my complete lack of humility about the whole thing negates any blessings I would have received for faithfully following through with my assigned task, but for now, I'm cool with that. (Rock Star!)
7 comments:
Somebody has got to love to speak in sacrament. I always claim to have some exotic desease, like malaria or something. I am not good with public speaking. That might be why I am a sunbeams teacher. Congradulations on potty training!! It is always so nice when you have one less bum to clean!
Whoah. The blog got a new look! :-) Cute!
And... you crack me up. I love you! You rock star, you! ;-) I really hope my girls grow up to be so confident!
I LOVE talking in Sacrament! Totally love it! Our blessing is the hype... the attention... others get some sort of blessing in heaven.
I think you are one in like 3 people that like to speak in church that much. I, on the other hand, hate speaking in church to the point of feigning an illness or broken leg in order to get out of it. Luckily Nik is like you, so I dont need to plan for much.
I love speaking too! So does Taylor. In fact I will willingly admit that one of my huge motivating factors for wanting to become Miss Utah was the chance to do Firesides (I've done well over 200) and generally speak in public (over 800 appearances!). Love it.
I kinda like speaking in Sacrament meeting, and I think I'm good at it. I always get suuuuper nervous right beforehand, though.
It's good to see I'm not a complete freak, that there are those like me who LOVE it . . .
I always wondered if that whole 'more people fear public speaking than death' statistic was bogus . . . I'm thinking so . . . or I just have extremely extroverted friends and family :-)
Post a Comment