Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Old School Baby Fashions






I think there is so much cute baby stuff out there . . . I see outfits for the girls that make me think to myself, "Why don't they have that in my size?!" Cute, hip outfits (with sassy berets and whatnot) that seem far more stylish than anything back in my photo album. But really, I'm pretty old school. I love when my babies look like babies. I tend to prefer warm, cozy sleepers to jeans on Ellie. I love the handmade dresses and crocheted outfits that got passed down in my family. And Ellie's newest ensemble is this adorable white number that a friend of Ellie's Grandma Ruth so thoughtfully gave us. LOVE IT!

6 comments:

Jessi said...

I love Ellie in white. She looks like a baby model. Beautiful!

~Niki~ said...

OMGosh that top pic is adorable! Super cute Gerber baby ya got!

Shannon said...

That is adorable. Totally classic.

Jackie H said...

Too cute! I totally agree. I think they grow up fast enough, they should be baby as long as possible. I always hold off on the jeans and especially the "man clothes" they have out there for baby boys. My son does not need work boots when he can't even walk.

Anything knit is perfect for a baby. I own WAY too many knit baby sweaters because of how I (we) feel.

minisuperbias said...

adorable :) and Ellie looks so darn pleased with herself!

Talina said...

I love those first 2 pictures. Her smile is just so cute. I love Ellie in 'baby' clothes. I mean, sometimes it is fun to dress a baby in an outfit or costume or something but there is just something so sweet about seeing them in 'baby' clothes. I hope I have a girl one day so I can raid all of your cute things ;)