Monday, May 17, 2010

Dance Picture Day (Or, The Tale of Three Cameras)

My blog is very 'picture only-ish' right now. This is a combination of a cool new camera, being 8 months pregnancy and lazy, and a dear friend in the hospital, which is where my mind wanders to much of the day. But, I wanted to share some great pictures of Annie from today. It was her formal 'picture day' for her dance class, and she looked just beautiful, and I couldn't help myself from taking dozens and dozens of pictures. Of which, I promise, I'm only sharing a fraction of . . .

I took a bunch of pictures at home, with our new nifty camera. Then some at the dance studio with our old camera, which was in my purse. And one on my camera phone. Each was a fairly significant step down from the last :-)

Here's Annie all dressed up . . .




The two of us posing for a self-portrait.
OK, someone tell me when my baby girl shot up into a full grown child?! Is this what 'four' looks like? 'Cause I took one look at this picture when it was downloading and told Greg, "Our baby girl looks 25!!"
Seriously, look how long that hair is . . .

Here we are at the dance studio -- she was super cute for her individual and group photos with the photographer. Then I tried to snap some shots before we left, and that apparently just pissed her off. Or made her pouty. It was a combination.
But these are the ones with my older camera . . .

Then I snapped one with my camera phone to message off to aunts & grandparents . . . it's the poorest quality of anything I took today, but it was so cute, I had to share it anyway . . .
Then, just for fun, a picture I took a week or so ago of the girls cuddling one morning while still in their pajamas. It was on the old camera, so I just came across it today while downloading the dance studio pictures.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Annie looks so pretty and grown up in all those pictures! What a fun afternoon!

Talina said...

Ah, what a cutie! I can't believe how big and she's getting. And seriously, when DID she become a 'kid' and not a toddler?
I'm looking forward to her next dance recital.

Kerry said...

Such cute pictures. Your new camera was a great investment too!

I have to agree that I have had similar moments with Jackson where he just seems SO grown up. It's kinda heartbreaking!

Rebecca Talley said...

Oh my goodness--she is so adorable. I love those curls.

Ali said...

Her curls kill me!! Talk about perfect ringlets!