Oooh, off topic . . . didn't Annie's invites turn out cute?!
(Obviously edited for minimal internet privacy).
(Obviously edited for minimal internet privacy).

Anyway, I've spent weeks searching for 'My Little Pony' birthday loot. I've scoured approximately 27 stores, and haven't found anything until this morning. Surprisingly, K-Mart had a huge section of party supplies dedicated to 'My Little Ponies'. Favors, hats, paper products, the works. I should've been excited. Instead, I quickly did the math, and figured out it would cost me $16 just to buy enough paper plates, napkins and cups. That didn't even get me started on party hats or favors. Forget you, Ponies. I drove down the street and spent $4 to get all the same stuff in adorable butterfly patterns. (The promptly spent the rest of what I saved on random other party things, since the Dollar Store is evil and sucks you in with its bargains.) Anyway, long story short, I have now finished all my shopping for Annie's birthday party with her friends. Which is not going to be 'My Little Pony' themed. (Although we do have a pin the tail on the 'My Little Pony' game that Grandma got her weeks ago). But, that doesn't get us to the 'Buyer's Remorse' part of my day.
After saving all that money (that I didn't end up saving any of), I decided that it only made sense to stop by the new "Sweet Tooth Fairy" bakery in Draper. Mmmmm, I've been craving a good cupcake for weeks, and this place is pretty hyped, so I figured it was as good a place as any to blow money on pastries. Ellie and I braved the now pouring rain and ran into the bakery, where we were surrounded by cupcakes, cookies and cake bites that all looked to die for. Ellie was pointing at all the different cases, and then pointing at herself, while miming the act of shoveling food in her face as fast as possible. I totally understood. Everything looked so yummy. I perused the cases; I knew I wanted to try the VaNIElla cupcake I'd heard about, but the lemon looked just as good. So did the one with the chocolate covered strawberry on top. Mmmm, and the marble chocolate cake one. And the raspberry lemonade one. Key lime? That could be good. Then I made a huge mistake. While trying to narrow it down to just a few, and feeling dumber and dumber standing there gawking at the cases while Ellie screamed for more free samples, I foolishly blurted out, "I'll just take a half dozen." And quickly pointed out the six that sounded best to me, paid and got out of there. As soon as I was sitting in my van again, I called my sister Talina, "I just made a dumb purchase, blew a bunch of money stupidly, and I can't even go return it!" They're gonna be stale by tomorrow! Even pregnant, I can't possibly eat 'em all today! I'm stuck now with 5 more (amazing) cupcakes that, it turns out, are so rich and sweet that they make me kinda sick to my stomach, and cost me FOURTEEN freaking dollars. I spent $14 on six cupcakes. Do you know how many cupcakes I could've made at home for $14!? I feel kinda stupid. Especially since I'm afraid to eat any more and get sick again. That'll be the last bakery I visit for awhile -- until the next pregnancy craving hits, combined with the pregnancy forgetfulness that'll make it so I learn nothing from any of this.
3 comments:
HAHA! I enjoyed this post. That is totally something I would do. The kids start stressing you out and in a mad rush to get out of somewhere you just rush through the decision and look back and think .. what did I just do and WHY??? Good one. Just let me know if you need anyone to eat any cupcakes .. I'm there! One more thing .. you didn't mention whether they were all they were cracked up to be??
fourteen $$$'s. You could have bought a new 8 Gb Memory card for your new camera! ;-)
I do love cupcakes....and I do crack under pressure....I would have ended up with a dozen! And felt like I had to eat at least 8 of them!
Annie's invitations turned out so cute!
Post a Comment