Thursday, May 6, 2010

My "Day Off"

Just an update on my weekday where I wasn't solely responsible for the children: I still didn't get in three hours of left-side-lying. I really kinda suck at that.

But, I did nap.

And I listened to my 'Hypnobirthing' CD in the middle of the day, rather than right before bed, which means whereas I'm usually out within 4 minutes and hear very little of the CD, today I listened to a full 15 minutes before I was fast asleep (on my left side -- for the next hour). Success!

I took a long bath while finishing the book I've been reading all week.

I did my hair super cute. And now I won't have to straighten it tomorrow, and possibly Saturday.

I didn't cook a single thing.

In fact, I ate breakfast in bed (while folding clothes, but still!) I didn't actually leave the upstairs until after noon.

And I got four different graphics jobs done, and there is not a single 'starred' thing left in my email inbox. (I star anything I have to follow up on. I caught up completely today. Go me.)

Greg picked me up angel food cake to go with the strawberries we have in the fridge.

I folded and put away three loads of laundry. Do you know how often I sort laundry into nice little piles all around my bedroom, and then those piles sit there for several days, making my room look cluttered and junky? The vast majority of the time. Today, while Greg got the girls breakfast ready, and (from the sound of it) played endless rounds of "Ring Around the Rosies", I got everything sorted, folded, hung up and put away.

Greg took the girls to run errands, and they ended up going to his parent's house and eating dinner, while I stayed home and had the house to myself.

And, we got a new Nikon D5000.

Today was a very good day.

The best part is -- tomorrow I'm solo again, but then it's the weekend!

Thanks Greg! I love you! Consider the new camera your 'thank you' gift! :-)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Sounds fabulous! I am so glad you had a wonderful day!

Lani said...

Praise the heavens for good husbands! Ax has the kids right now to give me a much-needed break. Hallelujah!

Can't wait to hear more about the camera and see some pics! :-)