She's so helpful. At least she was impressed by my 'progress' . . .
In other news, Annie was describing her upcoming birthday (May 19th) as "FOREVER AND EVER AWAY, but super, super, SUPER, SUPER close!!!" (Followed by several excited high pitched shrieks.) I know exactly how she feels though, 'cause I had my 32 week appointment this morning. Less than two months from my due date. Time is flying, but seems to be standing still, all at the same time. It's coming up too fast -- our sandbox isn't finished, the baby's room hasn't even been started, and we haven't even poured the concrete for the new shed (these being the three main projects I want done before the baby actually arrives).
The appointment went well, and I've been feeling pretty good, but with my ever dropping blood pressure (it was 88/52 today), I've still been having a lot of dizzy/weak/near-fainting spells, and they're picking up in frequency. We'll be adding yet another iron supplement, as well as B6 & B12 supplements, to my nightly handful of pills I swallow, which should help. I've also been 'ordered' on a very MINOR modified bed rest, where I am supposed to lie on my left side for an hour at a time, three times a day. The theory is, that since I'm getting dizzy and weak from low blood pressure, the baby might be suffering from it too . . . the side lying will help more blood flow to the placenta and baby, and help ward off any possible 'slow fetal growth' and get him all the nutrients and blood he needs. If the dizziness stops, I won't have to keep doing it, but for now I'm working on explaining to Annie and Ellie why Mom is just lying around every couple hours :-) I plan on getting a lot of reading done. Or just trying to referee two shrieking girls from a side-lying position. We'll see how it goes. :-)
Also unrelated, Annie just came up and whispered to me, "Mom, do you know what I'm getting you for Mommy-tines Day?" "Mothers Day?" I asked. "Yeah," she smiled, then in an even lower whisper, "A card and a present, and Daddy'll help me 'cause it'll be your day. Then on Daddy's Day, we'll make him a card and a present, and you'll help me. He can't help me then. Because he is too, too, too special that day. And soon I'll be a Mom, and I'll be the special one, and I'll have a note and a present from my kids, and their Daddy'll help them."
And then, the last piece of randomness -- my father in law just downloaded some pictures he'd taken last month of the girls while we were at Wheeler Farm. And I was lying in wait with a flash drive, ready to jump all over any cute pictures of my kids. Here the two girls playing in the little clubhouse area.
3 comments:
Oh, the joys of blood pressure. I hope they can get yours regulated, so you can stop feeling so icky.
Your pictures were adorable.
Annie is hilarious as usual. It is fun to see her so excited for her birthday, and other upcoming holidays!
Wow .. I agree your pregnancy seems to have flown by. Seems like it was just the other day that you were finding out the gender of the baby. Did you decide on a middle name as well?
Wow, time does go by fast... Hope you feel better soon, that bed rest can get old fast but it is worth it... Your kiddo's are getting so big and are as cute as ever.
Post a Comment