My Grandma just had her 85th birthday -- so my Dad's whole family got together and had a big party for her. It was a lot of fun, and I saw cousins and second cousins that I haven't seen in forever (or ever, for that matter.) The kids had the best time -- Annie was in heaven, as there were three other curly-haired blonde little girls to run around and play with. Their favorite thing was to jump around like tiny crazy people in the bouncy house, squealing uncontrollably. I told Greg, "Aw, Annie found people who speak her language," as we could hear their enthusiastic squeaks and squeals from across the building. :-)
Here's Annie in the bouncy house.

Daddy and Ellie (who is making a weird, weird face.) :-)

My sister Star and I.

Star and my cousin Dyani in back, and Talina and I in front.
We were very impressed we got all four of us in a self-portrait. It takes skills.

Star and grumpy Ellie. (The party started at 1PM -- right around the time Ellie wanted to nap; she did surprisingly well, but had a few meltdowns. For that matter -- so did Annie. It was a late afternoon for my girls).

The cake was a highlight of the day for Ellie.


Here's a four generation picture for Ellie's scrapbook (too bad she wasn't smiling!)
Me, my Dad, Grandma and Ellie.
One family there was able to get a five generation photo with Grandma -- how cool is that!?

Here's the four generation picture with both girls -- Ellie was grumpy, and my Dad was making a weird face -- but I liked this one the most :-) Sorry, Dad :-)

Ellie happy to be done with formal pictures.

Trying to get shots with Annie smiling was a challenge. My Mom was getting finally able to get her to smile, but it involved all kinds of ridiculous physical comedy, which meant Annie (and Grandma) usually weren't looking at the camera, but watching my Mom instead. :-)

Here Annie is smiling -- 'cause if you notice there are two little orange triangles flying right towards her face and elbow; my Mom was throwing pieces of cheese at her, while telling her to say "cheese!" This shot was right in the middle of a throw. :-)

Ellie was little Miss Fearless in the bouncy house. Surrounded by kids twice her size, she was a little daredevil and was jumping with reckless abandon.

Ellie looking slightly crazed while jumping. :-)
2 comments:
Looks like a fun afternoon. I am always jealous of families that can get 5 (or 6) generation photos.
I can't believe we have cousins who are grandparents! That still amazes me. It was cool to see everyone again.
Post a Comment