The other highlight of the day was pouring a big ol' concrete slab (where our new shed will one day reside), and the girls thought that putting their hands in the wet cement was all kinds of fun. (Also exciting, we worked in the garden for an hour or so this morning, and both of my girls are all about picking up worms and roly poly bugs. "They tickle," Annie giggles. She is slightly more wary of clean worms though, and prefers really dirt covered ones to hold.)
Here's Annie and Daddy, right before her party, after putting her hand in the cement.
Ellie found this whole cement/hand thing highly amusing. Greg slightly less so, since it took about 6 tries to get Ellie's hand print done, and one of those she stuck her little whole fist into Annie's original hand print, so we had to redo Annie's again.)
(I'm kind of an idiot, and about half the time I take a vertical picture, I hold the camera in such a way that I block the flash, thus the weird shadow half way down the picture -- I need more practice on this camera!
3 comments:
Did you ever get a picture of Annie in her WHOLE ensemble? Cause the fancy gloves, giant ring, high-heeled shoes, fancy sunglasses and purse really completed that outfit ;)
What a great idea to put the kids handprints in the cement. I'm assuming you'll still see them after the shed is added on top. Adoreable pictures of Annie as well, she definitely looks like she was in her element that day. I must also mention that I believe we have the exact same couches!! Do they have like little wood pegs on the four corners??
Sorry Talina, I totally missed getting the shots of her with the gloves, sunglasses, purse and rings -- dang, I wasn't thinking!
And Kerry, I think we totally do have the same couches then, mine totally have the wood feet things . . . I really love 'em, 'cause they clean up SO easy! :-)
Post a Comment