My kids have gone from (typically) sweet sisters, to cage fighters out for blood. They can't be within 5 feet of each other before one of them starts swinging and scratching. Fortunately, neither are biters, or we'd have more bleeding.
Add to that the constant whining, crying, sobbing and shrieking and I'm convinced that they're somehow both entering early puberty, and the only thing I can think is to blame something in the environment. Pollution, maybe? Pollution or preservatives.
This is a phase I can't wait for them to be over.
Add their lack of sleep to their attitudes as of late, mixed in with me having a couple projects I'm feeling behind on (I'm not really behind, I just feel behind 'cause I'm stressed and pregnant and hormonal and not getting in my three hours of prescribed 'side lying' a day, and therefore suddenly prone to excessive weepiness), and it all equals everyone being a little on edge at our house these days.
The plus side -- after my complete mental breakdown on the phone with Greg this morning, he's insistent on taking tomorrow off work to take the girls on a Daddy/Daughter play date . . . far, far away from Mom. Who'll be at home. Lying on her left side.
7 comments:
Oh boy! I can empathize with that feeling of being overwhelmed. Enjoy your "day off".
That is the benefit of having a psychotic break in front of your husband. :) Enjoy your down time tomorrow and in the meantime as long as they don't kill each other don't stress too much.
I'm glad you get a break too. Let me know if you need anything. I'm not much help on during the week but I'm at your beck and call this weekend and I volunteer my husband's services next week in exchange for a ride home from the airport ;)
Hey! I had a meltdown today! There must be something in the water... or the hormones.
Enjoy EVERY SECOND of your break. Heck, make Greg bring you some peanut M&Ms to eat while you're left-side-lying. :)
Have a good day off you deserve it. Greg is such a great hubby. When the fighting and bickering get too much I separate and do time out. That works well for me. They would rather work it out than be bored and alone most of the time.
Sorry to break it to you babe, but this 'phase' that they are going through, where they want to kill each other will likely last another 15 to 20 years. If it ever ends.
I mean really, Lacy still drives you crazy, and she is in her early 20s.
Love you lots!
I love my left side.
P.S. You are an awesome blogger.
Post a Comment