Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Birthday Day

We had Annie's 'friend' birthday party yesterday. Despite some minor stress -- last minute changes due to less cooperative weather, more last minute changes due to the weather suddenly kinda cooperating, Greg working all Saturday, (but I didn't have to fly solo, since Star, Talina and David saved the day by coming and helping out!)
The girls had a lot of fun, they jumped in the bouncy house for a half hour before Annie's friends even showed up. (The weather was especially nice before the party started -- but even after it got going the kids were able to play outside for quite awhile!)
Most of the time Annie enjoyed herself immensely -- but, she's been a bit whiny and pouty lately, and that side of her reared its ugly head time and time again during the party -- here's three of her 'crying in a corner' incidents. :-) There were more. :-) It kinda reminds me of my 11th birthday, where there was a different girl crying in every corner of our basement :-)
Here's Annie with her decorated-all-by-herself cupcake and ice cream sundae.
Ellie was a huge fan of the ice cream.
Aunt Talina was in the party spirit.

After the party, we met up with Greg's parents (and Greg, who was able to come visit on his lunch) at Chuck E Cheese to celebrate the girls' birthdays. I think Grandpa KC was enjoying the 'knock over the duck' game as much, if not more than, the girls. :-)
The girls saying goodbye to Daddy.
Ellie and Grandpa playing arcade games.
Ellie's a crazy driver.
Hanging out with Grandma and riding the Merry-Go-Round.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

What a fun and BUSY day! I love stretching out birthdays as much as possible!

Liz Johnson said...

Ellie's not even watching the road! She might want to work on that in the next 14 years. :)

I think your Chuck E Cheese is nicer than ours. In that your toys don't have the paint peeling off.

I'm so glad the weather mostly cooperated! Woohoo!

Talina said...

I love Annie and Ellie's hair in that first bouncy-house picture. Static electricity is awesome ;)
The party turned out great and David and I were happy to attend.

Kerry said...

What a fun party! By the way those cupcakes look absolutely delicious! Did you make them yourself??

Hilary said...

I totally had PLANNED on making the cupcakes myself (then have the frosting, sprinkles and candies set up buffet style for the kids to decorate themselves), then I was at Walmart and they had a dozen chocolate cupcakes with Disney Princess rings on top for six bucks, so I bought them instead :-)