Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update from the Third Trimester

It's official -- I'm in my third trimester now. Time flies when it's your third pregnancy! (Well, once you're done with feeling like puking, then it flies. Before that it sucks in it's stand-still-ish-ness.)

I was checking out my favoritest online pregnancy tool, to see how freakishly squished and mangled my innards are now (vs. at 8 weeks pregnant, in the first picture).

Yep. That feels about right.

I'm pretty sure the baby is in that exact position too -- 'cause he keeps kicking straight up, which causes whatever organs are all flattened right above his feet to jump and it convincingly feels like his feet have broken through the womb and are now lodged right up into my chest. Either that or my stomach is kicking or something. Almost all the movement I'm feeling the last two days has been all where the arrow below is pointing too (in theory, there shouldn't be a baby in that area -- but I'm convinced his feet are now resting inside my actual stomach, where he's playing soccer with whatever food comes his way.)
Pregnancy is a trippy, trippy feeling.

Oh, and in celebration of hitting the third trimester, and therefore being 2/3rds of the way done, I bought peanut butter M&Ms. They are mostly gone now. Oops.

4 comments:

Star said...

I hate Peanut Butter M&M's. Peanut, Almond or Plain are fine but I feel the Peanut Butter ones are just trying to be something they're not meant to be. But Yay for squished organs. That just means the baby is that much closer to being here.

Hilary said...

That's crazy talk Star, and better be some kind of sick April Fools Day joke -- Peanut Butter are possibly the tastiest, best M&Ms in history (maybe tied with Almond), and are a necessity on all road trips, as they are the most perfect food when slightly melty and warm after being left in the windshield for awhile. Mmmmm, now I want more. And they are gone. Now I am sad. I hope you're happy.

Jessi said...

Congrats in the third trimester. I can never get that tool to download on my computer, so I like it when you post the pictures...it gives me something to work toward!

Lani said...

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER M&Ms. But not melty. Ew. I like them cold and hard. :-)

Yay for hitting the homestretch!