Sunday, April 4, 2010

Who's Got the Power?

Saturday morning, my parents came by to see what the Easter Bunny had brought the girls in their Easter baskets. Annie invited them downstairs to see her 'clean' playroom, where Annie and Grandpa became engaged in an epic battle.

We took a lot of video, and this may not be amusing to anyone that wasn't there, but Greg and I cannot watch this without tears streaming down our faces at the antics of our all powerful preschooler.


Highlights: When Annie informs Grandpa that Ellie couldn't hold onto her whale because she "has baby hands", unlike Annie who has bigger hands and will never let go of her dolphin.
"I have Fifty Hundred power!" To which my Dad responds, "You do math like your Dad!"


"1-2-3 gallup!" "Magic DOLPHIN!" "I did it!"


"I have my magic gown on, and Ellie!" As Ellie twirls on and off screen. "Ellie, you should have the MAGIC KILLER WHALE!"


"I have all the power!" Grandma refusing to tickle Annie, despite, Grandpa's threat of not doing the gardens this year if she didn't switch allegiance.
"NO! You will tickle HIM Grandma!" Annie demands. She commands her Dad to come, Greg gets referred to as her minion, but she insists he has actual power as well, "He has ten power! Just like I have FORTY POUNDS. Pire? Power . . ."
Annie refusing to get Grandpa a magic gown of his own, as he can't fit in any.


"I have the veil of the dolphin."
"I have the ring of the princess!"
"I have the socks of the dwarves."
"I have all the magic power with my magic scarf."
"I have . . . um, I don't have my wedding ring . . . " Grandma pipes in, "You do have some pretty powerful reading glasses in your pocket." He finishes, "I have the power of Horizon!" (He meant Verizon -- he's not the one who pays the phone bill).


You just can't beat a girl with an all powerful Dolphin (whose main power was keeping her from getting tickled by the evil Grandpa) and a magic ball gown. (And a magic bracelet, a magic crown, magic high heels, a magic wand, a magic scarf . . . all while repeatedly shouting, "I have ALL THE POWER!")

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I watched all the videos. So funny. Annie obviously had ALL the power. I loved it when she changed into her magical gown. So funny! She is so cute with your parents.

Star said...

Do it then! Call New York State!

That was so hilarious. I am so grateful for your blog!

Talina said...

I now have tears running down my face. That was hilarious. I'm so sad I missed it.
(With all of Annie's awesome quotes, my favorite is Dad's, "I have the socks of the dwarves." Priceless.)