Sunday, April 11, 2010

For Mine & Annie's Benefit

While Annie is sitting on my lap, 'patiently' waiting to feel Isaac kick, she loves to hear stories about herself in the womb. How anytime her Dad tried to feel her kick she'd go quiet. How whenever the doctor tried to listen to her heart, she'd roll away and kick him. How whenever I had another baby sat on my lap, she'd kick furiously until the baby was removed.

In preparation for Isaac's arrival, she's also loved going back and looking at all the pictures from when her and Ellie were born and in the hospital. Going through them tonight, her and I picked out our favorites of each girl's first three days. I decided to post 'em -- just for fun, and future reference and all that . . .

Here's Annie's very first picture. So happy. :-)
She came out screaming, and kept it up for quite awhile -- all the nurses and doctor were laughing, and as the doctor left the room she chuckled and said, "Good luck with that one."
One of our first family pictures.
Not to sound vain or anything, but for just having had a baby, does my hair rock or what!? I can't get it that smooth and shiny now!
Annie in my arms on our first full day in the hospital. She was so teeny. (6lbs 8oz.) Interestingly, Ellie was even smaller at just under 6lbs., but no baby has ever seemed as tiny to me as Annie did those first few days.
Annie and I almost ready to go home.
(Compare this picture to the ones right after Ellie's pregnancy, and it becomes pretty clear which pregnancy I gained 15 lbs. with and which one I gained 40 lbs. with -- I think my face is thinner in these pictures, two days after giving birth, then in my wedding pictures!)
Big yawn.
Dad & Baby Popeye getting ready to leave the hospital.
Our first full day home -- in Greg's favorite 'outfit' ever for Annie -- a Tigger robe.
(Dang, she was beautiful!)

Here's Ellie -- two years and one day after the birth of our first. She is also mightily pissed off.
Ellie and I in one of our first pictures together.
Ellie, proud new big sister Annie and Daddy.
My girls.
One of our only pictures of just the three of us from that morning.
Ellie -- one day old.
Getting ready to leave the hospital -- me with my baby, Annie with hers.
Ellie's first several days were at home on the bili-lights.

So, for no other purpose than to have them saved on my blog, those are the first three days of each of my girls lives. I can't believe we're like 10-12 weeks from another first three days!

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Awe! Loved all the "old" pictures. The girls were so tiny when they were born. I cannot believe that by fall we will both have little bitty infants in our arms. Thanks for sharing these....they are beautiful!

Kerry said...

That was a fun post! I love going back and looking at my newborn baby pictures and comparing them. I have been convinved after each baby they have been progressively cuter newborns. Haha .. totally in my head when I look back now.

Star said...

That was fun! In that last picture of Ellie and Annie, Ellie looks SOOOOO tiny!

Jessi said...

I also wanted to add that Annie has looked exactly like Annie from the minute she was born. it is mind boggling!

Makayla Mackie said...

Ah! They were So cute (although I'm going to be biased and say that Jaxson and Kenzi were much cuter). I am a little disappointed that your baby isn't coming until AFTER I leave on my mission. Do you think you can convince baby Issac to come a couple weeks early? Before June 23 would be preferred. :)