The girls and I were hanging out in bed, eating a brownie this morning. (OK, before you judge -- they'd had a perfectly healthy breakfast already, and this was one brownie left over from last night that we were splitting between the three of us.) :-)
Anyway, at one point, Annie wanted to 'talk' to the baby; which typically involves my children shouting stuff like, "We love you Isaac!" directly into my belly button. (Annie also constantly reassures him he's a good baby brother, and that he never cries inside Mom's tummy.) The kids were having fun talking to their baby brother, and Ellie was even happily repeating her version of the word "Isaac."
Suddenly, Ellie hopped up, reached over to the mostly empty plate, and grabbed a big brownie crumb and shoved it into my belly button for the baby to eat. When I tried to remove the brownie, she got mad, slapped my hand away and emphatically explained, "Isaac! Isaac!"
At least she's willing to share with the new baby.
I've spent the remainder of the morning avoiding food being shoved into my navel by a two year old.
(At one point this morning though, Ellie suddenly decided she didn't like the name Isaac anymore, and anytime we say it, she shakes her head emphatically and corrects us with a firm, "Asher!")
7 comments:
Ahh .. that's just REALLY cute! I wish you luck with that non-crying baby! haha.
This made my morning. Ellie is so funny. I am glad she knows sharing is caring!
uh oh. The popularity for that lovely name appears to be growing...
That is sooo cute!
that is adorable. Was Asher in the running, or did she just totally make that up?
Our friends have an adorable one year old named Asher who Ellie has recently become obsessed with :-)
Funny--both those names were on our baby names list. Isaac was my top choice, but I never could convince Nathan to like it. So if you go with that one--I'm SO jealous!
Post a Comment