Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sleeping Baby

At nap time today, Ellie (through a series of emphatic gestures, and the repeated phrase, "Sisser! Sisser!") informed me that rather than nap in her own crib today, she wanted to nap in Annie's bed. I was skeptical, but figured we could give it a try. After ten minutes, she wasn't asleep, but was quietly lying in bed. I went in, kissed her again and told her to sleep. This caused her to fuss for a minute, but I think she was asleep not longer after I shut the door behind me. She looked so cute (and freakishly teeny tiny) in Annie's big twin size bed, so I just had to get a picture. Annie had to follow me in -- and I couldn't argue with her about it in the sleeping child's presence. Annie was highly amused by this.


Things worked well. For about 40 minutes. Then Ellie woke up. Ellie typically wakes up about 40 minutes into naptime, fusses for anywhere from ten seconds to ten minutes, then conks out again for another hour or so. (She also wakes up almost EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. around 6AM, again for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes (just long enough to wake up Mom enough so that she never falls asleep again), then she falls back asleep until 7AM or so.) Well, not this time. Stupid bed. She actually stayed in the bed, somehow never dawning on her she could get out of it, but she never did sleep again. At one point I went in and laid her back down in her crib and told her it was naptime, but she didn't buy it, and never did get the second half of her nap today. Which should make for an interesting evening. :-)

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Totally unrelated, but I love Annie's hair in pigtails! So cute.

Chrystal said...

Look at all that pink!!

Talina said...

Jessi and Chrystal just stole both of the comments I was going to make :)
She is super cute in her tininess in that bed. And I do love Annie's pigtails.