Thursday, April 15, 2010

Outside

Spring seems to have an undeniable pull on my children -- all they want to do is go outside. Days like yesterday: no problem! The rest of the time, when it's raining, snowing or hailing: it's more of an issue. Here's just a few pictures from the last couple days outside . . .

After being the 'bad guy' all day, and not letting them play outside, I finally acquiesced Monday afternoon, and told them to get dressed warm to go out for a few minutes in the light rain. By the time they were ready, it was raining hard. Then hailing. They decided they needed an umbrella.

Here's Annie running down the street in the pouring rain.
It was right as Greg was getting home, and he agreed to go fetch a runaway Ellie for me . . .
Ellie, while soaked, was not happy about being forced to come inside. (Annie wasn't too pleased either).
Then yesterday was beautiful and we spent hours outdoors. Mainly in the afternoon/evening, when we went to get pictures taken of the girls at Wheeler Farm (I'll post the professional pictures once I get them on CD -- I'm so excited!! Annie was being such a cute model, what with all the big smiles and cheesy poses. Ellie on the other hand just kept pointing out birds and ducks, and was angry we wouldn't let her run wild). After we were done with the photo shoot, we had Greg's parents, and sister Andrea, meet us at the Farm, and run around and look at the animals with us. The girls had such a great time being outside for hours on end . . . top that off by being treated to Frosty's at Wendy's afterwards, and not going to bed until 9PM, and they're convinced it was the greatest evening ever.

Here's Annie running around.
The girls both running free . . .

Here's Ellie playing tag with Grandpa KC -- she was having the time of her life.
The girls racing Grandpa to the cows . . .
Ellie wanted to just keep jumping off the hay bales . . .
Daddy, Annie, Ellie and Aunt Andrea got to pet the baby goat.
Here's the girls petting the baby lambs.

OK Mother Nature -- we're headed for the zoo right now -- keep up this weather, and you just might find yourself back on my good side!

4 comments:

Star said...

Those girls are so stinkin' cute! Those outfits wre perfect.

Kerry said...

That looks like you had a great afternoon. What a good idea though, I've never thought of just going to Wheeler Farm just to visit the animals!

Talina said...

I really do like those shirts on the girls. That yellow on Annie is adorable.
And I can't believe you went to the zoo today and didn't invite me! Sure, I'm super busy and I'm not sure how I would have managed it but I could have played hooky for a couple of hours to tag along with you!

Jessi said...

Enjoy the spring weather! The pictures are adorable. I cannot wait to see the professional ones.