Although, I did finally settle on a kitchen for Annie & Ellie from Santa. (Oddly enough, not one of the three I'd posted online before as my top three picks). Shhhh, don't tell 'em. Everytime Annie's seen Santa she's told him she wants a kitchen set for her and Ellie to share. The Santa at the mall told her that the elves LOVE kitchen sets, and make him pretend dinners all the time. Annie thought this was the coolest thing ever, as she's a big fan of making people pretend pizza, and I had to resist the urge to plant a big ol' kiss on the amazing Mall Santa's rosy red cheek. I was happy to find it on sale from the manufacturer $40 cheaper than Toys R Us' sale, and with free shipping and no tax. But still, not the deal of a lifetime.Sunday, December 7, 2008
The Shopping Season
My inbox was littered with "Savings of a Lifetime" kinda offers from toy stores, department stores, amazon, and so on. So, I checked some of them out and was kinda surprised to see how underwhelmed I felt by the 'bargains'. All I've heard this season, especially from the likes of CNN, MSNBC and the Wall Street Journal, has been that there were going to be more amazing deals out there than we'd know what to do with. And maybe if I'd wanted like a GPS navigator, or a $400 laptop or something, I would've been thrilled the day after Thanksgiving, but when looking at stuff I'm actually interested in, I've been pretty disappointed with all of these "Never Seen Prices Like These Before" sales. My problem is, I'm already a bargain shopper. And looking at an ad full of Toys R Us' 25% off offers was laughable. (Also made me laugh: the picture of the cute little girl surrounded by all pink boxes of games, like Mystery Date and, of course, a very pink, girly Ouija board that is for "the questions girls want to know," that comes with it's own carrying case purse. What about a Ouija board lends itself to needing gender specific boards . . . does this one only reach the spirits of dearly departed divas?) Anyway, I won't buy a toy unless it's at least 50% off, or cannot be found anywhere else, online or in a store, for less. I guess, in the long run, it's better this way though. For me, not the economy. 'Cause we really don't need any more stuff. Especially while living out of boxes in someone's basement. But the shopper in me has been a little disappointed.
Although, I did finally settle on a kitchen for Annie & Ellie from Santa. (Oddly enough, not one of the three I'd posted online before as my top three picks). Shhhh, don't tell 'em. Everytime Annie's seen Santa she's told him she wants a kitchen set for her and Ellie to share. The Santa at the mall told her that the elves LOVE kitchen sets, and make him pretend dinners all the time. Annie thought this was the coolest thing ever, as she's a big fan of making people pretend pizza, and I had to resist the urge to plant a big ol' kiss on the amazing Mall Santa's rosy red cheek. I was happy to find it on sale from the manufacturer $40 cheaper than Toys R Us' sale, and with free shipping and no tax. But still, not the deal of a lifetime.
Although, I did finally settle on a kitchen for Annie & Ellie from Santa. (Oddly enough, not one of the three I'd posted online before as my top three picks). Shhhh, don't tell 'em. Everytime Annie's seen Santa she's told him she wants a kitchen set for her and Ellie to share. The Santa at the mall told her that the elves LOVE kitchen sets, and make him pretend dinners all the time. Annie thought this was the coolest thing ever, as she's a big fan of making people pretend pizza, and I had to resist the urge to plant a big ol' kiss on the amazing Mall Santa's rosy red cheek. I was happy to find it on sale from the manufacturer $40 cheaper than Toys R Us' sale, and with free shipping and no tax. But still, not the deal of a lifetime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen! If it's not at least 50% off it's not remotely a deal. I really only consider things a great deal when they are 75% or more. Anyway, I'm a cheapo. I did end up buying most of my Christmas stuff at "regular" sale prices since I didn't want/have time to go to a bazillion stores and price compare. I still think I did ok in the price arena, but seriously are the kidding? 25% OFF?!?
I am still jealous of Annie's (and Ellie's) kitchen.
Post a Comment