Monday, December 15, 2008

Sisterly Love and Affection

Annie was sitting by Ellie yesterday, when she turned towards her sister, put her arm around her affectionately, than sweetly reminded, "Ya know Ellie, I really am very nice to you . . . " A minute later, "I share my toys with you . . . I really am very nice." The whole time I was waiting for her to ask Ellie for a favor or something!

Aunt Lacy is back in town, so of course Annie & Lacy were prank calling people last night. Hearing my two year old say, "Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it," was an odd moment in parenthood. (Does it amuse you? Make you proud? Horrify you? What feelings go with that?) But my favorite part was when Lacy called the cell phone Annie was holding and asked, "Is your refrigerator running?" To which Annie replied, "No. No, it's not." Smart kid, she learns quick.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

You just wait, before you know it Annie will be doing all the big sister "tricks" on Ellie to get her to do her bidding for her....you and I know these tricks all too well.

Also, Dalan was sad we did not receive a prank call!

Hilary said...

Yeah, all the prank calls were made from my parent's frontroom to other people at the same birthday party who had an estimated 47 cell phones on them.