Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ward Christmas Party Pictures

This morning (freakishly early) we had our ward Christmas Party back in my parents ward. We had Annie sleep over at my parents house the night before. My Mom probably thought it had something to do with getting Annie used to being away from Mom & Dad or something, I thought it had everything to do with getting one less kid dressed and ready for a party at 8AM on a Saturday morning. Turns out Annie (who took a ridiculously late nap yesterday) didn't get to bed 'til 11PM last night, then kept everyone up in the house all night with her horrible cough. My Dad says she's never allowed to sleep over again if she's not feeling well. I personally think the whole situation worked out just about perfectly. But that's just me. Annie recently changed her mind on what she wants from Santa. For the longest time she's been asking for a kitchen set. This was great, as I'd already purchased and had shipped a gigantic play kitchen to my parents house. I was surprised the other day though when she was playing with some play food at a toy store when she said, "Mom, look, four kitchen sets! Maybe I can get one for Christmas." The kid's considering the little accessory sets to be "kitchen sets", and she's more than thrilled to get one for Christmas and share it with her little sister (she asks Santa for a "kitchen set for Ellie and me to share!") This kid is going to be so freakishly excited when she sees a whole kitchen by the fireplace Christmas morning! Anyway, but the mind change. So, Annie was playing with a Disney Princess Laptop at a store the other day, and after about the best ten minutes of her entire life, she turned to me and said, "Mom, tell Santa I non't want a kitchen set anymore, I want a 'puter." She has since then walked around telling people Santa is going to bring her a laptop. She was telling my Mom yesterday that she wanted a laptop from Santa. My Mom asked about the kitchen set. Annie stopped and thought about it for a second, then said, "I know. Santa can bring me a laptop. You give me a kitchen set for Christmas." Problem solved. You know, if it wasn't for the fact we already spent $200 on a kitchen and all! Best news I heard all week was when my sister in law told me the other day that she'd already bought Annie a play laptop for Christmas. Then today Annie told Santa at the Ward Christmas party that she wanted a kitchen set. So things may be back on track now.

Here is Annie and Ellie, in the same outfit, at the Christmas parties in 2006 & 2008.
For such freakishly teeny tiny babies, man do they have big ol' cheeks!



I love this one, 'cause this just looks so completely like Ellie to me. Like this is how I picture her in my head. It's a very different look than when she's smiling huge.

Love this Ellie smile.

A very excited Daddy & Ellie. They probably heard Santa Claus was coming.

Me and my girls.


Annie & Ellie with Santa. Look, no tears!!

Annie & Ellie with Santa.

I love the look on Ellie's face.

Annie & me self-portrait. Her teeth are orange here from the orange candy Santa gave her.

Here Annie's teeth are blue due to the blue candy Santa gave her. There was kind of a theme here until she finally ran out of candy.

I don't know what it is about this picture, I just love it. Ellie sitting up, all pleased with herself, looking right at me while Annie and Jovanny are completely ignoring me.

I like this picture 'cause Ellie looks a little funny. Is that bad?

The big snow storm meant that Annie & Uncle Cody got to go outside afterwards and play with the sled.

1 comment:

Liz Johnson said...

Oh man, Annie is going to LOVE Christmas! A big kitchen, accessory sets, and a laptop!? Unfortunately, it appears that the bar for next Christmas is set pretty darn high. Which is why Connor is getting broken crayons. :)