Annie does and says adorable things all the time. I can't remember any of it right now. Too tired. Ellie is sitting really well, and 'sings' all the time (her endless baby babble almost rivals Annie's stream of conscious never ending narration of her life), and refuses to spend anytime on her tummy so will obviously never crawl. Ever. I think she'll end up being bedridden, flat on her back, for the rest of her lazy, stomach-hating life. She likes to feed herself. I hand her the spoon (the big ol' IKEA kiddie spoon, not the Gerber spoons, those are for babies) with some squash on it, and she happily jams it in her mouth and sucks it clean.
Just to let y'all know . . . Ellie just woke up. See, I'm totally not exaggerating.
Here's Annie tonight at dinner . . . we never wet her hair down today. This is just her combed out curls.

Ellie with squash everywhere, making her very own squash unibrow. This is what happens when you let the six month old feed herself. The pictures alone (not to mention the squeals of joy) are worth the mess.

Annie & Ellie chillin' on the couch. Foolish Mom thought if she spent seven bucks on these shoes-and-socks-in-one for Ellie that we'd keep something on her feet for more than two seconds. It does take her twice as long to get these off than regular socks, which means we go about one and a half minutes before my kid has naked feet again and people start giving me the what-kind-of-mother-doesn't-keep-socks-on-her-baby-in-winter looks.

Annie & Ellie at breakfast.
Popeye ate squash, not spinach . . . don't believe what you've been told.

Yes, she is pretty pleased that she's holding the reins on this whole feeding thing.
She looks so freakishly teeny tiny in this big ol' highchair.
She seriously got more food in her mouth when I left the feeding up to her than when I tried putting the spoon in her mouth myself.
You can't really tell here, but she's pretty much blowing bubbles in the spoon while I was trying to feed her . . . complete refusal to open her mouth.
She is much more pleased with squash than she has been with rice cereal.

The rest of these pictures are from Thanksgiving afternoon, since the ones I posted before were just from the morning.
Here's Greg & Ellie in Aunt Judy's front room. Have I mentioned how much I love her smile?
This is Annie with my Uncle Karl. They both have a pretty tight hold on their own stuffed animal.
Aunt Star and Annie looking kinda sneeky or surprised or something . . . what emotion is that?!

Ellie on the couch with her friend Jovanny.

Ellie putting the moves on Jovanny. Not shy.

Apparently she was brutally rebuffed.

Slightly less 'forward' approach. Seems to be working better.

She's apparently softened him up now, 'cause he's actually going in for this hug (or face grab) too.

Kind of a letdown apparently. He seems cool with it though.

Ellie with Aunt Star.

Ellie actually smiling this time.

This was when I tried giving her some mooshed-up pea at Thanksgiving dinner. For a kid who chews on her own spit-up curdle, she sure made a big deal outta hating peas.

Apparently I didn't have too much to write, but I had a ton of pictures to share. (That and I do not have the strength or energy to pick and choose from a bunch of pictures, so I just used pretty much all of them with no thought given to your internet speed.)
Ellie with squash everywhere, making her very own squash unibrow. This is what happens when you let the six month old feed herself. The pictures alone (not to mention the squeals of joy) are worth the mess.
Annie & Ellie chillin' on the couch. Foolish Mom thought if she spent seven bucks on these shoes-and-socks-in-one for Ellie that we'd keep something on her feet for more than two seconds. It does take her twice as long to get these off than regular socks, which means we go about one and a half minutes before my kid has naked feet again and people start giving me the what-kind-of-mother-doesn't-keep-socks-on-her-baby-in-winter looks.
Annie & Ellie at breakfast.
Yes, she is pretty pleased that she's holding the reins on this whole feeding thing.
The rest of these pictures are from Thanksgiving afternoon, since the ones I posted before were just from the morning.
Here's Greg & Ellie in Aunt Judy's front room. Have I mentioned how much I love her smile?
Ellie on the couch with her friend Jovanny.
Ellie putting the moves on Jovanny. Not shy.
Apparently she was brutally rebuffed.
Slightly less 'forward' approach. Seems to be working better.
She's apparently softened him up now, 'cause he's actually going in for this hug (or face grab) too.
Kind of a letdown apparently. He seems cool with it though.
Ellie with Aunt Star.
Ellie actually smiling this time.
This was when I tried giving her some mooshed-up pea at Thanksgiving dinner. For a kid who chews on her own spit-up curdle, she sure made a big deal outta hating peas.
Apparently I didn't have too much to write, but I had a ton of pictures to share. (That and I do not have the strength or energy to pick and choose from a bunch of pictures, so I just used pretty much all of them with no thought given to your internet speed.)
Shhh . . . be very quiet. Ellie just fell back asleep in her swing . . .
6 comments:
Let me know if you need any help with kid/baby wrangling....your pictures are adorable!
Bummer about the not sleeping. Blah. Also, I love how Ellie is feeding herself. As soon as I started feeding real foods and not just rice cereal Davin refused to eat rice cereal ever again. Who can blame the poor kids though, that stuff is nasty. Anyway, I hope you get a good night's sleep sometime SOON!
Those were great pictures! I am sad that you won't just randomly be at the ward parties I attend now. I hope we can see your new house.
We'll definitely have an open house once we're in . . . possibly in January when I still have my Christmas tree up 'cause I'll feel cheated this holiday season.
And who knows Lena, I may end up at the same random ward parties you're at . . . both our Moms are still there, even if we're not!
So jealous of those curls . . .
I love how you have popeye pictures of both of your girls. My all-time favorite pictures of them.
Post a Comment