Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Pictures

Sorry to anyone with slow internet, 'cause here's a TON of our Christmas pictures.

Here's our house two days before the holidays. But thanks to Star and Rachel coming over for the whole day on the 23rd, all these boxes were cleared out in time for company!

Morning of the 24th - Annie was having a blast 'helping' Mommy make dessert for that night's traditional Christmas Eve dinner at my Grandma's house. Chocolate pudding mix ended up EVERYWHERE!
My Mom decided that this year we would open presents at her house on Christmas Eve, instead of the traditional 'open one present Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning' thing. It was against tradition and chaotic, and will probably be vetoed by the family if she dares raise the suggestion again next year. But, here's my girls and I looking pretty excited about present-opening that night . . . it's hard to be upset about bucking years of tradition in the moment someone's handing you lots of presents to open!
My kid cannot seem to keep that tongue of hers in her mouth! Thus the poor little chapped cheeks and chin in our holiday pictures. She also had a horribly runny nose, thus the chapped little nose. Poor kid, no matter how much vaseline we slather on her face, she still looks horribly sunburned or raw.
I love this one of Hollywood-Annie with her Aunt Lacy . . . you kinda lose track of which blond curl belongs to which person in this picture. Which probably has a lot to do with complete strangers always thinking my daughter belongs to Lacy when we're out in public together.
Annie loving her new baby doll from Grandma Karine and Grandpa Robert.

Now it's Christmas morning, and Ellie is looking pretty thrilled with the ribbons that came on the jewelry box Daddy surprised Mom with under the tree.
Annie and Grandma Karine.
Rachel and Jovanny
Annie and Aunt Star hugging after one gift exchange.
Aunt Talina, Mommy and Ellie (chewing on her new rubber duckie) in front of Annie's new kitchen set.
My family's fairly successful attempt at using the timer button on my camera.
Talina, David, Star, Ellie, Me, Greg, Cody
Rachel, Jovanny, Lacy, Annie, Mom & Dad
Aunt Lacy and Annie hiding in the box that Santa carelessly left behind from Annie's kitchen.
Now we're over at Greg's parents house. Annie got a chest of princess dress up clothes from Grandma Ruth and Grandpa K.C. The rest of the day pretty much consisted of Annie changing in and out of various gowns.
Annie rockin' the purple princess dress.
Ellie & Greg
Grandma Ruth and Princess Annie
Aunt Andrea helping Annie get out of this cumbersome purple gown so she can change into the blue one. Again.
"Listen here my subjects!" And Grandpa K.C.
When we came home we were greeted by an impassable driveway. Just to prove I wasn't exaggerating.
Back at home, Ellie chilling with Greg, eating her hand. I don't know exactly why I included this picture, except that I thought she was cute here.
The next day we went and visited Great Grandma Verla. Annie & Ellie had fun playing with Grandma, and Ellie looks adorable in her new outfit from Aunt Andrea.

OK, so that was a TON of pictures, but considering I'd cut it down from the 298 I downloaded from my camera this morning, I'm pretty impressed.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I love your family picture with the timer...ours is cute that I also attempted, but yours looks professional. Way to go! Your kids as always are adorable. Is there a day that works for me to come out and visit?

WonderKitty said...

Those are great pictures. Thanks for shareing them! Gives me something fun to do at work. And Annie looks adorable in her princess dresses. I am jealous that you got to see Talina and David on Christmas!

Talina said...

I really like your new house, Hilary. And maybe next year we can all bring our winter gear down so when we get snowed in by the amazing amount of snowfall in Heriman compared to the lack of snow in Murray, we will be all prepared to have the coolest snowball fight of all time!!! As long as Mom remembers the garlic potatoes. . .