Friday, December 19, 2008

Moving Day

So, tomorrow morning, bright and early we're taking every last thing we own, gathering it from all the different places we've stashed it this last month, and asking our friends and family to carry it all into our new house. I'm so not looking forward to this. My throat hurts, my body aches, I have an asthma attack just from carrying Ellie in from the car. I'm miserable and I don't want to do this tomorrow. Seriously, I was thinking today, "It would be worth just staying here in the basement for another few days just to avoid moving . . . " I would be sick during the move. This is even worse than sick at Christmas.
And it's nine thirty and my two year old has been screaming for a solid hour about not wanting to go to sleep, about her bed being uncomfortable, needing a drink, wanting a tissue, about how mean her Mom is, not wanting to sleep . . . and we get to drag her and the poor sick seven month old out bright and early to stand by as we lug boxes around. Sigh. I have no right to feel sorry for myself when we're moving into a beautiful new home, but man I'm not looking forward to this.
It'll be over soon though. And all worth it.

P.S. As soon as I'm done here, I'm turning off the computer, packing it up and getting it ready to move. My internet at the new house isn't up until Christmas Eve day ('cause I'm not all that bright, and despite knowing exactly when we were moving into the new house for a solid month now, it didn't dawn on me to set up water, internet, home phone or cable until, oh, yesterday.) So, Merry Christmas y'all!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Your new house is so cute! I am so happy for you guys!

Talina said...

Well, it is over now. Now all you have left is massive amounts of unpacking! . . . well, Merry Christmas, anyways. ;)
I'll try to come over later in the week to help you unpack/distract the girls so you can unpack.

WonderKitty said...

I hope the move went well! I am so sorry you are sick. It has to suck to be a mom when you are sick anyway, much less needing to do anything important on top of that. Feel better!