Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Day

'Twas the day before Christmas
And all through our new house
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even a mouse.

Why, the quiet and stillness you ask?
'Cause we're not home, we're at InstaCare, of course!

I decided the best Christmas gift I could give my insurance company was to squeeze in one last co-pay for the year this festive Christmas Eve Day (at least it better be the last!). Turns out Ellie is just fine. Her hands keep turning purple just 'cause of baby circulation issues, and not because her horrible cold is affecting her breathing/oxygenation. So, all is well in our family. We're just out another fifteen bucks. Good news though, my little chunker is over 14 lbs now! It was almost worth the co-pay just to see her weighing in at 14.6 pounds (fully dressed though). That means she's gained about three-quarters of a pound in the last month. And while that's not quite the 4 ounces a week they say she 'should' gain, it's by far good enough from me. It's even pushed her up from probably about the 2nd percentile to about the 5th or so. Not huge jumps, but hey, she's a little baby just like her big sister was . . . if she gained a ton really fast, another baby would have to lose a bunch to fill her spot on the chart! :-) This weight gain made me ridiculously happy. I can't wait to go see our doctor on Monday (for a non-copay follow up, since we're getting the second half of her flu shot and weighing her in to make sure she 'passes' this month) and show him my ever-increasing baby and be all, "Look she gained! And I didn't even start her on formula like you were so convinced I needed to or she'd waste away to nothing! My kid is perfectly healthy, just a little small!" I'm telling you, it may be weird, but that weight gain was like my Christmas miracle.

In another vein completely, I came into the bathroom yesterday to find Annie sitting on her little potty. Surprised to find her there, I asked, "What are you doing baby?" To which she responded, "Just sittin' here. Peeing . . .poopin' . . . farting." I guess I asked.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Funny....Dalan and I had the same conversation as you and Annie today...strange!

Liz Johnson said...

Yay for Ellie's weight gain!! See?! Formula was not the answer. :)

Merry Christmas!!!! I hope your day goes fantastically!

WonderKitty said...

I am glad that everything is ok with Ellie. And that last comment by Annie made me laugh out loud!