Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Sunday

Conference Sunday, for us, typically means a lot of time with family.
And, as most Utahns have now recognized -- the gathering of large numbers of Mormons downtown also seems to have an odd affect on our weather.  (Seriously -- ALL THIS SNOW?!)  
I'm still wondering what all of those out of town visitors who come to Conference are thinking about it being 70 on Saturday, and the solid 6 inches of snow we had Sunday morning?

All of our large trees had branches hanging to the ground, and our poor trampoline looked more like a snow cave.

But, it's all good -- 'cause we were inside playing Conference games where the rewards are M&;Ms. 
Well, the theory was to play a game where the kids had to listen for a specific word to earn the M&M . . . but it basically just became us eating M&Ms.  Although, Annie did have a little check list of words she was listening for in Conference, and she was A-MAZING at listening for those words over the two days of Conference.  She could be coloring a paper, eating some snack and playing games, but if she heard the word 'temple' it was marked on her check list in two seconds flat.  At last count she had over 45 marks in the 'Jesus' column  (she only really listened to a few talks -- and it didn't matter if she heard Christ, Redeemer, Savior, Lord or Son, it was marked quickly under the Jesus header without so much as a question to us -- I was kinda surprised she knew so many different names for Jesus!)
Here's Ellie enjoying the candy.
The girls were distracting Grandma Ruth with several rounds of Uno.
I don't think she minded.  :-)  Someone sure loves her granddaughters!

 Then later that afternoon, we spent time with more family.
Here's Isaac with my Uncle Karl.

Isaac all, "Dude, Mom, we're fine . . . leave us alone . . . "
(I was a tad worried about one or the other injuring each other.  After Isaac's repeated attempts at standing using Karl's head to stand up against, and Isaac's trying to steal Karl's metal spoon (a comfort device), Karl kept raising his arm to shield himself from the advances of a curious 9 month old, all while laughing and referring to my son as a "turkey!")


Isaac in one of my FAVORITE outfits on him -- 'cause it matches his eyes perfectly.

Ellie, shockingly, showing some attitude.

 Great Grandpa, Ellie, Uncle Karl and Annie all hanging out on the floor together. 
Can't tell you how much I love this picture.









(And yes, I totally did dress my girls in new matching outfits for Conference Sunday.  Is that weird?)

4 comments:

Talina said...

I love the pictures of Isaac with Karl! That was so funny to watch. And I think the matching Conference outfits are awesome. We should totally do that next conference, because frankly we don't dress alike nearly enough :)

Kerry said...

I love dressing my boys the same .. there's nothing wrong with that at all! Now if Isaac had on a pink and orange sweater to match then I might be a little worried .. lol.

Jessi said...

Quinn has that same sweater!!!

Star said...

You need to get the girls and quinn together for a photo shoot in their matching sweaters! Also, Karl equals adorable. Everyone lying next to Karl? Adorableness overload.