Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cuddle Bug

Annie is my snuggly kid -- she'll curl up in my arms and just let me hold her as she wiggles deeper into my lap and lets out a little sigh of contentment.  I love it.  After hurting her ankle yesterday, she cuddled up to me after we got her bandaged up, and I rocked her back and forth while she calmed down.  Then I rubbed her back -- until she told me that as much as she likes me to rub her back, she thinks she prefers the rocking. (Ellie thinks that being held and cuddled is a fate worse than death -- she's trying to move, how dare we try and hold her still!) :-)  The other day, I'd just gotten Isaac down for a nap after an afternoon of 104 degree fevers (and a 101 degree fever for me), and I decided to lay down for a bit.  Ellie had gone four days without a nap now (someone's trying to drop the nap for good -- I'm not too happy about it), and she was grumpy.  So I tried to coax her into lying down for a bit with me.  "Come on, Ellie . . . come cuddle with Mommy and watch Elmo," I said from the bed.  "No, that okay," she said, then walked to the top of the stairs and yelled at the top of her little lungs, "ANNIE! Get up here right now!"  She goes stomping down the stairs, as I call after her, "It's okay Ellie, Annie doesn't have to come up . . ."  I hear Ellie angrily yell at Annie again, "Go upstairs now . . . Mom wants to cuddle with someone!"  

I told Annie she didn't need to come up, she could keep coloring.  But she did come up after a bit, and she did cuddle with me.

Ellie never did come up to cuddle.  Nor did she nap that day.  That girl just has too much to do!  :-)

5 comments:

Jessi said...

I love that little ball of energy, that crazy Ellie!

Quinn is a cuddly baby. Rocking her to sleep is my favorite part of my day. I hope she stays cuddly.

Ashley said...

LOL oh that is a great story but sad at the same time.. The older my kids get the less they want to cuddle :(

Kirstin said...

There is nothing better than a little one cuddling with you! This whole week, whenever I put Des down for his nap, he'd say in the sweetest voice ever "Mom, will you nuggle with me for a few minutes?" I'm glad Annie at 4 is still wanting that, it give me hope!

Talina said...

Hee, hee. That is so cute and funny. Yeah, Ellie is definitely not a cuddler. I remember the one time she voluntarily cuddled with me (for about 20 seconds) I was like, "Whoa! You must be tired!" :)

Kerry said...

I think once cuddly always cuddly. Jackson is my "cuddle monkey", while he doesn't do it all the time anymore (it seems he's outgrowing it), if I ask him though he will. That's why I think either they are or aren't and it's pretty much forever. Wyland on the other hand .. not a cuddler. I hope that Oliver will forever be a cuddler!!! And that he stops growing .. that would be good too.