The girls are quickly getting sold on this whole 'Easter egg hunt/lots of candy' deal. Annie had not one, but two different Easter egg hunts yesterday. The one in the afternoon was at a neighbors house, and the girls had the best time!
I was pretty proud of them both, since after quickly filling their own baskets with 10 eggs or so each, they helpfully ran around and made sure all the 'little kids' had enough eggs, and even offered up some of their own to the 'less fortunate.'
Here's Ellie showing one of the 'babies' where an egg was -- the little girl is 19 months old, so there's almost a year and a half between the two, but Ellie wasn't that much bigger. Which means she loses some street cred when she's trying to tell the 'little' kids what to do. :-) (Ellie was so sweet and mature about it all -- usually -- at nearly three years old, she'd go back and forth between offering up eggs to littler kids, and then nearly taking the head off anyone who dared reach into her basket or get too close to an egg she'd 'claimed').
And my grumpy, grumpy baby was actually happy and smiling for pictures. It's the first cute, cheerful pictures we've gotten from the poor sick kid in awhile. (Notice though, even in his happiness, he's rubbing his poor ears).
4 comments:
Fun! In addition to eggs, Isaac's catching on to the whole "be good and the Easter Bunny will come" thing - gotta love that!
That's adorable that your kids were so generous at the hunt. Usually it's fight to the finish with most kids. Also, that jacket Isaac is in brings out his beautiful eyes. Happy Easter!
Hooray for spring. I love how "springy" these pictures look. I love this time of year!
I love seeing pure kindess in children. Such innocence. I'm excited for Easter and at the same time totally bummed by the predicted bad weather. WHEN will it be Spring already?!!
Issac is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting.
Post a Comment