Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bed of Roses

Well, not a bed of roses, but a rose blanket.
Poor Isaac . . . he has some perfectly masculine swaddling blankets laying around. But Dad (aka: the Master Swaddler) insisted that Ellie's old rose swaddling blanket is vastly superior to all other swaddling blankets so we switched Isaac to the best blanket in the house. No matter how girly. :-)
Not that it will be an issue much longer, at only two months old, Isaac is already escaping Greg's Swaddling-Grip-of-Death in less than two hours each night. Both of our girls slept swaddled until 5 months, give or take, so Greg and I are at a bit of a loss with what to do with Mr. Incredible here. Do you see how HUGE he is? How much room he takes up in his crib? (He already fills the bassinet in our room pretty much from top to bottom. I don't know how long we'll be able to keep him in it.) I'm excited for his appointment tomorrow, to find out how long he's gotten and how much he weighs.


Annie's bruised and battered face.
Except that it's just makeup. Blush, to be precise. Applied liberally to the general eye area.
The picture doesn't really do it justice -- when I first walked in and saw her I was shocked -- she looked completely beaten.

Ellie woke up with serious attitude and weepiness this afternoon. I was this close to just putting her back in bed after like 10 minutes. (It continued all afternoon and evening -- maybe I should've saved us all a lot of grief and just gone with my gut and stuck her in her crib again!)
Here she is right after she woke up. She got up onto my bed, where Isaac was chilling out, and curled up next to him and put her arm around him and pouted. It was adorable.
We did get her a little cheered up with a sibling photo shoot on the bed.

But not for long. She was crying again soon. And Annie really sweetly took her into her arms and tried to comfort her.
The only thing that made Ellie happy was getting to hold her little brother in her lap.
Annie enjoyed it too.
My (momentarily) happy trio . . .
Ellie and I posing for a self-portrait.
Isaac trying to get that ever elusive thumb in his mouth once and for all.
Annie gently coaxing his hand in the right direction.
Annie, Isaac and Mommy.
Ellie wasn't in that last picture because she was pouting again.
But she looked adorable doing it.
Annie, on the other hand, was more than happy to pose and smile for pictures.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Poor Ellie! I am feeling about the same today... Maybe I should trap myself in a very large crib... I know I am not nimble enough to climb out. Your kiddos are adorable! I love the pictures on the bed!

Kerry said...

What a fun spur of the moment photoshoot. These ones are the best ones I think. They capture them in their most natural moments. Love them all. Again I too can't believe how big your Mr. Incredible is getting!

Talina said...

I love Ellie pouting with her siblings as comfort. They are so cute.
Annie's hair is super cute in these photos. Did you cut it again?
And I can't believe how big Isaac is already. I can't wait to hear what his weight is now! (And how old Ellie was when SHE was that size) :)

Lisa V. said...

Oh my gosh Hilary, you have to RUN and go get yourself a "Swaddle Me" blanket, they are literally the equivalent of a baby straight jacket-only it's a really cool designed blanket with Velcro. My babies can break through regular swaddled blankets in no time. Not so with the Swaddle Me's. I swear I could NOT survive motherhood without them.