Ellie is adorably polite. She says 'thank you' and 'please' constantly. Sometimes excessively.
She says 'please' anytime she wants anything.
And 'thank you'. Her excessive use of thank you makes me even feel guilty at times. Usually in situations where I'm mid-diaper change or something with Isaac, and she'll ask me for something, and I'll kinda blow her off, "Not now, Ellie . . . I'll get it for you later." Sometimes said with more impatience in my voice than I normally like to confess to (especially to myself). And it's always met with, "OK, thank you Mommy." (Then I feel bad for being annoyed by her initial insistence.)
Or her sweet, "Sorry, Mommy." If I catch her and her sister fighting, Ellie's always the first one to turn and quietly offer a "Sorry, Mommy". If I get upset by the latest mess she's made, she quickly and with head bowed down apologetically, whispers, "Sorry, Mommy." (Then, again, I feel a little guilty if I reacted even the littlest bit harsher than I should have.) So basically, her politeness keeps me in check as a Mom. :-)
The latest though, is the most amusing to me. Almost every time she has coughed or sneezed this last week (which has been quite often with this current cold terrorizing our household) she says, "Bless you Lala." (Lala is her name in Ellie vernacular.) But only when she sneezes.
4 comments:
That is awesome. Connor has started quickly apologizing anytime I start getting after him, and you're right - it makes me feel guilty any time I feel I might have overreacted even a little bit! In fact, even times when I don't overreact, I still feel guilty. If it weren't so genuine, it would feel manipulative. :)
Cute, sweet Ellie! I love that girl!
I love your kids. I saw the girls very briefly today (but I got them curtesy cones at Artic Circle so they love me now) and at one point I called Ellie "Ellie-pants."
"No! Not El-lee-pans. La-la!" Apparently she doesn't appreciate my name for her. :)
And at one point I asked Annie to watch Ellie for me at the garden shop and for the rest of our outing, Annie sheparded Ellie around with a guiding hand on the back of her head, never letting her more than a step away. It was really funny.
I LOVED this Ellie story. Two is such a cute age. Funny how often our kids keep us in check, happens to me all the time!
Post a Comment