It's been discussed on here before that I look
a lot like my siblings. And I'm not the only one. Greg's siblings all 'look like siblings' too. His brother James and him are even a little clone-ish. I don't think he looks that much like his brother Chris (they look like brothers, but not interchangeable or anything), but apparently I'm in the minority. We were at his Mom's work party last night, and several of her coworkers walked up to say hi to 'Chris'. We had to correct several people that this was Greg, not Chris. The guy we were sitting down next to at dinner had made the Chris/Greg mistake initially. I commented, "Oh, no, this one is Greg -- but they confuse a lot of people." Greg chimed in with something like, "A lot of people think we look alike, but it's nothing like her family -- her and her sisters look like clones." I just laughed and made a comment about how people confuse us a lot too. Then we turned to random dinner conversation you have with people you just met. How many kids, work, that kinda stuff. When suddenly, about 3 or 4 minutes into our budding friendship, the guy suddenly blurts out, "Wait! Do you have a sister named Star!?" Ha! I cannot even tell you how many times in my life I've heard the phrase "Do you have a sister/brother names Star/Talina/Lacy/Cody?!" Sure enough, he knew my sister (used to be neighbors) and said that I sounded and looked so much like her that he's shocked it took him even just a few minutes to realize the connection. It was funny though, here I am at my mother-in-law's work party, and a complete stranger recognizes my sister in me. Small world, huh?
Yeah, the genetics run strong in our families . . .
 |
| Chris, Andrea, Greg and James -- and I don't think this picture does justice to how similar Greg and James can look. Poor James has had many of my family's friends walk up to him at work and start talking to him like he's Greg. And Greg and James worked at the same grocery store in high school, and even with both of them working there, some people never could tell them apart. |
 |
| Lacy, Star, Cody, me and Talina -- and I realize I've posted this picture before, but it's one of the best of all of us together . . . |
|
5 comments:
Greg and James look some much alike... Everytime I see James, I do a double take, even though I know it is not Greg! And you and your sisters.... Total clones! Not that I am one to talk since Ali and I are basically identical twins separated by eleven years.
I agree that James and Greg look alike and that that picture does not do it justice. Actually, in that picture I can see why people say Chris and greg look alike, though I agree with you.
I like being clones. It's fun how you get these random connections once somebody recognizes you as "Hilary/Star/Lacy/Cody's sister".
What a fun post to read!
I think you and your siblings look more like clones though...which means you will have to post more photos of your husbands family to make a case! LoL :)
I love that story. it's the best. I think my favorite sibling look a like story was at Home Depot. Me and mom were walking around and this girl walks over and asks "Lacy?" I smile and reply, that no, I was her sister Star. And the girl replied "Oh yeah, I went to High School with you." What?! And you thought I was lacy. We are seperated by 7 years and you actually KNEW ME!
Funny.
Or that time we (Hil and me)were grocery shopping and the cashier did a double take when I handed her my groceries. "didn't you just come through here?"
When in fact Hilary had just gone through and was still standing there waiting for me.
Yes. You and your siblings are freakisly close to clones. My sister, Chelsey, and I are the same way. Even with the 11 year age difference. And my niece looks like us too. Chels is nanny to our baby and my niece. People are always very confused when a 20 yr old (who looks more like 17) is at the store with a 4-1/2 yr old and a 1 yr old. She gets some awful looks. Poor Chels was always called Chrystal in school by teachers that had me. But you guys have it way worse...or better, depending on the story, I guess. :)
Post a Comment