Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lil' Chunk

Isaac had his two week check up today, and everything went well (there was the whole heel-bleeding-PKU-thing I'd rather forget about.)

He weighed in at 9 lbs. even. (Up from 8 lbs. 1 oz. at birth). He was 55% on the charts.

His length was 21.25". (Up from 20" at birth). A whopping 75th percentile. This is the first time any of my kids have been above like 25% on the charts in height. At this rate, he'll be taller than Ellie at 18 months old :-)

His head was 80th percentile . . . which is the smallest of my kids heads at this stage. But way more proportional, since my girls have been like 85th-90th percentile heads and 5% weights. :-)

He has some seriously long arms and long fingers. And a very furrowed little brow.

He seems health and strong and doing amazing. He sleeps better than the girls ever did (although, nearing two weeks old, his sleep has gotten a little less amazing), and is the least fussy baby I've ever had. He screamed while they did the heel prick, and it was the longest I'd ever heard him cry. He's adorable, gorgeous and perfect. In my humble opinion. :-) I just can't get over how lucky I am.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

He is a little chunk. He is double the weight of Quinn. It will be interesting to see if they ever even out.

Ashley said...

ha ha that is so funny I think that Logan is 10 lbs now and he has his 2 month appt next week. So cute and I feel you on the pku mess I wanted to cry when they did Logans... Glad that everything is going good I told you that boys are great :)

Star said...

Pictures!!! If you are going to write about him, you should remind us all of what he looks like.

The Stowell's said...

How awesome Hil. I am so glad that he isn't as fussy as your girls, you deserve an easy baby for once. By my opinion, I think Camden is such an easier baby then Maysie was. I think girls just have way to many emotions to express and that is why they are harder. Boys tend to just go with the flow... As long as they have a full tummy and a clean bum, of course. :)

Talina said...

Yay for chunky little boys!
I can't wait to see Isaac towering over Ellie in a year or two :)

Kerry said...

I'm with you on the whole heel pricking business. There is just a truly miserable experience for baby and mom. How much does he look like your girls as a newborn? He seems to have pretty dark hair compared to them. And how about the whole "boy" aspect. Notice anything different? Other than the obvious mechanics of course.