My girls hated tummy time . . . and with their colicky freak outs, we didn't push it as much as we maybe should've until they were like 4 months old. Which probably explains why they weren't the least bit interested in, or ready for, crawling until 8-9 months.
I think we're gonna run into tummy time problems with Isaac as well. Not due to colic. But due to the fact that every time I put my 15 day old down on his tummy today, he grunted unhappily then promptly rolled himself back over onto his back. Sigh.
The first time I thought it might be a fluke. I'd kinda propped him up on his elbows a bit, giving him leverage for rolling. So, the next time I spread out his arms to his sides and tried to reestablish tummy time. Only to watch him flip himself over a minute or two later. We tried it again -- and he flipped himself over again.
We suck at tummy time at our house.
4 comments:
That's crazy for a little guy to roll over so soon!
Kyle would roll over towards me to nurse from the time he was tiny. He's very motivated by food.
Isaac is so so cute!
I am always amazed with how strong little babies can be...way to go, Isaac!
Oh my! I have VERY distinct memories of Baylee as a newborn. When she was in the NICU and they would put her on her tummy her oxygen saturation would tank, pretty predictably. She had the whole LOW LOW muscle tone working against her. Anyway once she came home we had a home health nurse come to the house for "Early Intervention" I think weekly. This went on for most of the first year. She would put Baylee on one of those exercise balls for her "tummy time". The exercise ball was good because she wouldn't bury her nose but could get some of the same sensation. However, Baylee HATED it. This is the baby that NEVER NEVER NEVER cried. Yes I'm serious. Yet put her on her tummy and she cried. Heartbreaking. To this day I REALLY believe she cried because she couldn't breath well! Stupid home health nurse. As a result I've never pushed either of my boys to do tummy time. We'll do it a bit and if they freak out I roll them over and don't stress. They both crawled right on time and had plenty of upper body strength. So cute that Isacc rolls himself over, he knows what he wants. lol
lol
My girls have both HATED being on their backs (well, J's not as bad as Boo was) and Mister HATED being on his stomach!
J has started rolling onto her back in the night and then waking up screaming because she will NOT sleep on her back. Sigh.
Post a Comment