Q.) Does Isaac have any nicknames?
A.) Yep. They don't come as easily or frequently as nicknames did for the girls though. (Annie had a dozen before we even left the hospital). And I occasionally almost call him 'Princess', something I called my girls often. Oops. But, with a week and a half under our belt now, a few names have found their way into rotation. I call him "Little Man" at times. Usually when I'm saying something like, "Hey, did you fill another diaper Little Man?" Mainly though, I call him "Bug" or "Bugaboo". Greg calls him "Bud" a lot, or "Little Buddy" (which makes me flash back to the '80s and I practically start humming the "My Buddy, my Buddy, my Buddy and Me!" commercial jingle . . . do you guys remember that doll? Made specifically for little boys. Then there was the "Kid Sister" doll for the girls. Sung to the same tune. Am I the only one who remembers this?)
OK, well it turns out my Little Man is waking up now from a nap, so I'll get to more questions later. For now though, enjoy the adorableness:
9 comments:
I TOTALLY KNOW THAT SONG! I'm singing it now. "My Buddy! My Buddy! Wherever I go, he's gonna go! My Buddy! My Buddy! My Buddy And MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Now I'm kinda evilly proud of myself that I've gotten it stuck in someone else's head as well!
Cole had a My Buddy...it was quite creepily life-like.
I love your Little Man...he is adorable.
Cole had a My Buddy...it was quite creepily life-like.
I love your Little Man...he is adorable.
What a cutie! I like the name "Bug." I'm not sure why.
And I remember the jingle too. I didn't at first until you mentioned the "Kid sister." Good times.
I remember those ads vividly as they were WAY out of our parents price range and we could only admire them in the hands of other kids.... those and puffalumps were the rich kid's toys.
Great, now that song's stuck in my head, too. :P
He is adorable!
Yeah, Hil. Thanks for getting that jingle stuck in my head. Who could forget it? That was THE DOLL to have, and like someone else said, way too far out of my parents' price range. I used to pretend that my little bro was "My Buddy." He was rather life-like too. ;)
Oh, and I LOVE the cute little yellow outfit! See--you DID find some cute boy clothes after all!
Post a Comment