Traditionally on the 24
th of July, we get together at my Aunt Judy's house for breakfast, followed by my grandparents and a few others watching the parade on TV, and the rest of us tend to play ping pong or air hockey downstairs, or go swimming outside. My Aunt Sheri and Uncle Mike even drove down from Idaho to come for breakfast. This year was pretty similar, except that we also had our friend,
Gianne, come out to Aunt Judy's house to get some baby pictures of Isaac. Star,
Gianne, Isaac and I spent a couple hours posing Isaac for cute pictures, and trying to keep up with all his peeing (much of the photo shoot was nude and he's well hydrated). Annie, Ellie and Daddy (along with Aunt Lacy and Grandpa (or 'Bobby' as Ellie nicknamed him and almost exclusively calls him now)), went swimming in the pool outside. The old people (Hi Mom! Just kidding!) stayed inside and watched the parade. (She was being a good daughter and hanging out with her parents. She's not usually lame.) :-)
Before
Gianne got there though, my Uncle Karl got to meet Isaac for the first time. Karl loves babies, and was so excited to touch Isaac's little feet and hands and to be able to hold him. Despite Karl not being able to talk very well, my Grandparents told me he's been happily chanting, "Isaac, Isaac, Isaac!" crystal clear ever since he heard I had the baby. Karl was thrilled to meet Isaac, and once he had him in his arms, he immediately started to '
eskimo kiss' the top of Isaac's little head. It was so sweet, and I took approximately 9000 photos of it.



After Karl got his chance to hold Baby Isaac, we headed in to begin the photo shoot with
Gianne. I snapped just a couple random pictures, while
Gianne was working.
Here's Aunt Star, calming down Isaac after one of the times he'd peed on himself (and others).

Isaac confused as to why we were putting him in a hat when it was 90 degrees outside.
And while he was nude.
'Cause it's
freakin' adorable Isaac. That's why.

Star took a couple pictures of Isaac and me.
They make my heart melt.
And it makes me happy that I have photographic evidence that I did my hair. That's only happened like twice in the past 2+ weeks. :-)


This boy is my best sleeper. But, that's all relative. I think
Gianne was surprised he stayed awake for so long for our photo shoot, being that he's still less than three weeks old. Especially since we were all so antsy for him to fall asleep to get some 'sleeping shots'. It took a nursing session, a bunch of rocking and cuddling, and a lot of his pacifier, but he
finally fell asleep for the last part of picture taking . . .

Annie
could've stayed at the pool all day, I think. After about three hours we made her come back in so we could get home.

I love her hair all natural and chlorine-soaked. :-)

Annie, not happy about something.
Ellie'd had fun at the pool too, but didn't quite have Annie's interest and came back inside anytime anyone
accidentally splashed her. She had fun inside though, mugging for the camera.

And sucking up to Aunt Star for more of her grape lip gloss.

Just a couple more "Annie mugging for the camera" shots.
The girls also had their pictures taken by Gianne, for a few minutes. Annie was a perfect little model, happily posing and smiling. Ellie was not so cooperative.

2 comments:
Love the pictures of Isaac and Karl. So sweet.
Love the pictures of Isaac. Can't wait to see the rest.
Your girls crack me up. I love their expressions.
You have such beautiful kids. You can always tell the ones that are used to the camera because it's practically always there! lol. I think it's a good thing! My husband is a terrible picture taker and I contribute it to the fact that he didn't have his picture taken much as a child. So I think we're doing a good service to our children!
I hope you will be posting these pictures your friend took too. I can't wait to see them!
Post a Comment