Annie and I made breakfast together this morning. We added carrot juice, orange juice, plain yogurt, a banana, some flax seed and a whole bunch of frozen strawberries and make a "breakfast shake," as Annie like to call it. I don't know what Annie enjoys more, making the smoothie, or drinking it . . . but it's always a hit.
But I was surprised when breakfast wasn't even over yet, and Annie was standing up to the counter with the blender on it, asking, "Mommy, can we do shakes?"
"Shakes?" I asked, confused, "Baby, you still have some of your shake on the table . . ."
"No Mom," she said, "I want us to do shakes."
"Um, Annie. We already made shakes this morning . . . "
"No Mom, I really want shakes."
"Annie . . . you still half of your shake left . . . "
"OK Mom," Annie said, in her best let's-start-from-the-beginning voice, "I want us to do shakes. OK. See, you have a circle," she said slowly as she traced a circle in the air, "It is round."
"OH! You want us to do SHAPES!" I said as I got the lace up shape cards out of the cabinet that's up above the blender. "Shapes. Gotcha."
2 comments:
Silly, Mommy. Can't understand your own child.
Love it!
Post a Comment