Thursday, June 4, 2009

Conversations with Imaginary People

Annie's been talking on the phone with her imaginary friends a lot lately. Oddly, she's transitioned from Doh doo to Iah. Everything used to be about Doh doo, but she rarely talks about him or with him on the phone anymore, most of her conversations are with Iah (although, when they 'come over' they tend to arrive together . . . the other day during dinner, Annie made Greg get up and go and answer the door 'cause they had arrived. I tried to tell her to call them back and tell them to just come to the back door, but after a quick pretend phone call with them, she insisted they were waiting out front. So, Greg got up, during dinner, went and answered the door and let them in. Then we never heard anything more about them the rest of the night. For all I know, they're still wandering my house aimlessly.) :-)
Anyway, Annie was on her toy cell phone the other day, talking with Iah, when I suddenly heard her gush, "You know Iah, it is so great to be able to talk to you and to get to know you better!"

2 comments:

Talina said...

She is so funny! I LOVE asking her question about Iah and Doh-doo (sp?). My favorite was the other day when Lacy and I were asking her questions. I was under the impression that her imaginary friends were married, or at least a couple. When I asked her if they were married she said, "No, not yet." Lacy asked her when they were going to get married and she replied, "I think on Tuesday. Yes, on a Tuesday when Daddy has to go to work." If her information was correct, they should be married by now (unless Greg sluffed work this Tuesday).
They were/are going to be married in the same temple as Mommy and Daddy and none of us were invited. I can't be too upset, I've never even seen them, though I have talked to both of them on the phone before ;)

Angie said...

Too cute! I love little people imaginations.