Sunday, June 7, 2009

Behold the Cuteness

Tongue Talkin'
Ellie's become a big 'tongue talker'. All day long, she has long flowing conversations where she just smacks her tongue around in all directions inside and outside of her mouth. OK, I don't know how to describe it exactly. Which is why there's video.

New Birthday Dress
Annie was beyond adorable this morning for Church. When she woke up I asked her what she wanted to wear, and she said, "My baby and me want to wear our matching ones." Annie's Grandma Ruth, being infinitely more talented then me, had made Annie a beautiful floral dress with an adorable pinafore . . . and there's nothing Annie loves more than twirling and dancing as this dress beautifully moves along with her. Grandma had even made the new Madame Alexander doll she gave Annie a matching outfit. I took a few pictures of Annie in the dress, with the doll . . . then also let Annie sing and dance around a little on video. And sorry, but parts of it are incomprehensible, since she loves to sing (and sometimes talk) in random syllables that don't resemble anything you or I know as the English language. Don't worry, I don't understand what she's saying either.



Chicken Walker
Ellie, much like her big sister, is kind of a chicken. Annie was like this with everything too . . . they both can know how to do something, be quite capable of it, weeks (sometimes months) before they'll let loose and just do it already. :-) So, Ellie's a little chicken walker . . . she took her first steps back in April. Daily now she's taking a few steps here and a few steps there, but all in all, she won't really try it very often. Because of her 'I may try this once a day, but you won't know when it will happen and there sure as heck won't be a repeat performance' attitude towards walking means I've gotten very little video of her attempts. Until yesterday. It's not much, but it's recorded.



And last, but not least, a few Annie stories from today . . .

On the car drive to Grandma's house for dinner:
"Did you know that cars park in garages and that airplanes and helicopters live in a big garage too, 'cept it's called a hangar. I don't know why it's a hangar. [Sigh] I just don't understand." This is the deep thoughts of a three year old who spent the previous day at the air show with her Aunt Talina and Uncle David.

On the drive home:
Annie asked to borrow Greg's phone to take pictures. She had been playing for a minute, when she handed the phone back up front and asked for help. She'd taken a picture and was trying to send it to Doh doo and Iah; she had filled in the phone number, typed a hundred characters or so into the message box, and wanted it sent. We told her we took care of it.
A minute later she commented about how she was worried they hadn't gotten the picture, and wanted us to send it again. Instead I suggested she go ahead and give them a call and ask them if they'd gotten it.
The one-sided conversation that followed was pretty funny. Unfortunately, I only remember parts of it, but it was basically a very apologetic Annie making one excuse after another . . . they didn't even make sense or 'flow' or anything together, it's like she'd just taken every single excuse she's ever seen anyone make and use it in one conversation (and literally, there were a dozen and a half or more of them, "I so sorry I didn't talk to you before, I was busy . . . I forgot to call you back . . . I sorry, I couldn't hear you . . . I know, I was thinking about it, but then it didn't happen . . . I'll have to call you back . . . Did you get the picture? I thought it got sent . . ."
Then, the statement that made both mine and Greg's ears perk up, "Doh doo," she said firmly, "you really need to start treating Iah better!" What-huh? Where did she even get that from? And should I be worried that her best imaginary friends, who are a short married couple, also seem to have a dysfunctional marriage? :-) Was he in the background making snide comments or something that required Annie to chastise him. I'm so confused. Imaginary friends sure are high maintenance.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

So many things to comment on....

1. Ellie's tongue talking and her walking was so cute. She was so happy and seemed so please with herself.

2. Love Annie's dress. There is really nothing better than being able to match your dolls.

3. I am a little worried about the imaginary friends and their relationship too. Maybe that is why she has become closer to the wife as of late!

Talina said...

I'm so glad that Annie remembered what a hangar was! I tried to make our trip to the air show somewhat educational. I'm glad something stuck.

The King Family said...

Oh my gosh your kids are so adorable!

Melissa said...

All of your stories crack my up. You kids are too cute!