Monday, June 1, 2009

Designer Genes

I came across a picture of Star and I when we were little (just a little younger then Annie and Ellie are now), and then a few more pictures of me as a young kid, and I pulled up a couple pictures from the girls' birthdays last week . . . I think there's some similarities . . .


Ellie's never looked as much like my family as Annie does, but this one picture of Star and this one of Ellie struck me as a little more alike than normal. Star's baldness as a baby is probably what makes them look a little more alike. I was looking at pictures of Greg's only sister Andrea around Ellie's age, and she has a full head of beautiful hair, so it wiped out any other similar features because the hair just makes ALL the difference in the world. My family was nearly bald 'til closing in on two, where as Greg's family were all getting haircuts from just about birth. I'm kinda hoping my next one has hair I can pull up into little ponytails on the top of her head at a few months old . . . if I have a baby in the next year or so, and she gets some of those genes, I could be pulling up her hair before Ellie has enough to do it with! (Notice I just assume I'll have all girls. At this point I can't even imagine a little boy in the mix, so all my planning seems to revolve around all girls.)

9 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

geez! Was Greg even involved? Your kids are so cute they look exactly like you!

Talina said...

Annie apparently wants you to have 2 more girls. When she asked you the other day if you were going to have a boy or a girl next, she said that she wants you to have a girl so that there can be 4 girls. Does she mean twins or was she counting you in the mix?

Liz Johnson said...

I think it's the cheeks too! She looks a lot like Star to me!

Hilary said...

Annie and Ellie both have Greg's ears! (Annie's ears are almost an exact replica of Greg's sister Andrea's ears). Other than that, Annie's pretty much a clone of my family. Ellie is much more of a mix . . . and I get a LOT of people telling me she looks just like her Daddy. (Which I always think is kind of a weird comment . . . like my 11 month old looks exactly like her very masculine 30 year old father? Really? Does she have the same pronounced forehead and masculine face shape? 'Cause if so, she wouldn't be a very pretty baby! :-) She definitely shares a lot more of his features though, including a cute little cleft in her chin, though not as pronounced as her Dads is.)

Star said...

Yay! She does look like me!!! That makes me soooo happy!

Also.. You made Greg 30 early. Ha ha!

Shannon said...

Wow. Your girls really do look so much like you. I also only plan on having boys. I feel it is just my lot in life. I love all your fun comparison pictures.

Jessi said...

ATTACK OF THE CLONES! adorable clones, but clones, just the same!

Unknown said...

I keep on looking at Annie and she reminds me so much of Savannah at that age (it must be the hair).

Lani said...

Oh you want a boy some day! Trust me! ;-) I couldn't imagine how I could fit a boy into our little world, but he's fabulous, and I'm so in love with him! (But after seeing Marinda, I can't wait for another girl too!) I don't know if I'm ever going to stop! Ah!