Then a minute later, "Hi Iah, it's Annie again. Yeah, it is so great to see you. Um, yeah. I was calling, I want to know if you and Doh doo want to go in the van with us to the store. You two can sit together, in the middle, and I will sit in my seat, and Ellie will sit in the other seat. Oh, yeah? Great! See you soon!"
On the sleeping front: Annie refuses to sleep in her princess bed now, for the last several days. The new bed. We bought for her birthday two weeks ago. That she loved more than life itself. She's told us that her bedroom just "isn't princess-y enough". So, obviously she needs to sleep on her bedroom floor, rather than in her princess bed, with princess bedding, princess pillows, princess dolls and a princess canopy. Obviously. Sigh. Stubborn little thing.
On the potty training front: Things had been going really well. But, as will happen, Annie had an accident. The really gross kind. But, being the resourceful little thing she is, she got disrobed and into the bathtub without any help from me. Which isn't actually a good thing, since I now have to bleach the heck out of my entire bathroom, especially the tub. Ewww. But, while in there, I could hear her talking to herself . . .
"That is not good Annie. Not good. It's rude even. Mommy is going to tell you that we don't poop in our panties. We should be bigger. This is miserable. Miserable. Princesses don't poop in their panties." I almost felt like I needed to go in there and cheer her up and keep her from getting too down on herself. When I talked to her about it later though, she seemed to have gotten herself out of the shame cycle, flippantly informing me that she's pretty sure she will stop pooping in her pants when she's a little bigger, like 8. That's reassuring.
This accident was a little disheartening, since it's the second in as many days. We only had one accident all of last week, and then she peed (at dinner) at Grandma & Grandpa's house yesterday, then this today. I was really shocked when she had her accident at someone else's house, it was very unexpected since she's shown such promise away from home . . . she's asked us to find her a bathroom at stores, even while driving, and LOVES using the potty at my Mom's house. She informed Greg and I, as we were cleaning her up in their bathroom, that she refused to use the potty at Grandma Ruth's house, and "will only go potty at our own house!" The problem here was we were both pretty convinced she wasn't 'done', and worried about her having another accident. I explained firmly that if she wouldn't use the potty where we were, and had another accident, she would have to wear a diaper whenever we left the house. She cried and cried and whined and whined and insisted she would only use "my own potty at my own house!" I think my in-laws probably thought we were beating her in there. Eventually, she calmed down, but despite spending a good 10 minutes on the potty, did stick with it and refuse to pee. Of course, this all just meant that on the drive home we had to pull off the freeway and find a gas station for a potty break. Sigh. Really, really stubborn little thing.
On the adorable front: After getting out of the tub (so that I could bleach the grossness out of it), Annie went into her room to get panties and an outfit. But what she came back with made me laugh. "Mommy!" I heard her excitedly shriek as she came crashing into my bedroom. "Mommy, look, my baby and I are matching!!!" And there she was with her My Little Pony baby, in cute little winter hats (and nothing else). She was so excited, gushing, "It's like we're twins!" Sigh. She may be stubborn, but she endlessly delights and amuses me.
4 comments:
She is a stubborn little thing, but adorably hilarious.
However, her negative self talk about the accident was a little heart breaking. She is definitely very strong willed, which I think is a good thing.
Love this pictures. She is so funny!
Hee, hee. Hopefully Annie will get over the if-going-to-the-potty-wasn't-my-idea-I-won't-do-it-and-would-rather-pee-my-pants thing she has going on.
That's funny that she cleaned herself up. Someone at work said the way they finally potty trained his daughter was threatening her that she had to clean herself up after an accident. That scared her enough to stop having poopy accidents.
Isn't always like that, just when you are wondering what drug you were on when you decided to have kids in the first place, they do something so incredable cute that you just melt!
I think the "It's rude, even." is my favorite part of that story! No little story has ever made me want to cry with sadness and laugh at the same time!
Post a Comment