First, something that made me smile:
This was a story my little brother sent from his mission today. His Spanish is coming along incredibly, but he's still learning to pick up all the words he hears . . .
"We were doing contacts and we arrived to this door with a lot of barking dogs. A lady came to the door, we introduced ourselves, but she said she was busy. She than said something very quickly in Spanish, something about bathing her dogs . . . or so i thought. I quickly piped in 'Can we help you?' To which my comp turns to me and says, 'She is about to take a bath!' I quickly added, 'Can we help with your dogs?' :-). Turns out she had actually said that she was about to take a bath and she has crazy dogs."
Oops! :-) He he he.
Less smiling:
Greg took Ellie to Instacare yesterday, after a day of nonstop crying, screaming and whining. She has a raging ear infection. Of course. When he first got there and was waiting for their turn to be seen, he called to say, "Ellie seems fine now! She's bouncing off the walls!" I explained, with the wisdom of a mother who has seen her kids miraculously healed many a times in the waiting room at the doctor's office, after you've paid the co-pay but are still waiting your turn, that this is quite common. I don't know the why or how they do it, but they always seem better when they get in front of the doctor, and you're sitting there, haggard, trying to explain why your toddler is swinging from the chandelier (if, you know, they had one in the exam room) and you've brought them in to see a doctor for some imaginary illness. You explain, almost pleadingly, "You have to understand, she cried ALL day, and she didn't sleep last night . . . " as the doctor stares at your cartwheeling child. It's just a thing kids do. I can't explain it, but I can attest to the phenomena. Ellie did have something diagnosable though, so at least Greg didn't look crazy for bringing her in for an appointment.
Then last night, in the middle of the night, Annie wakes up in sheer terror. I would've assumed she'd had a nightmare by the sound of her frantic cries. Instead I found out she was running a very high fever, soaking through her pajamas with sweat. She was having a hard time breathing, really struggling to move air in and out . . . we got out the nebulizer and gave her a treatment and she seemed to be doing much better. Although the coughing was still there. She fell asleep in my arms, where I held her for the rest of the night (so I could listen to her breathing, which had vastly improved with the treatments). We're heading into the doctors again today. She missed her preschool Valentine's party this morning, that she's been looking forward to and spent hours making Valentine's for all week . . . poor kid.
And now Isaac just woke up from his morning nap. After only 30 minutes. That is just so not okay . . . I'm refusing to acknowledge his 'end of nap talking', and will insist he remain in there until he falls asleep again . . . or until he starts to freak out . . .
3 comments:
I can totally sympathize with you! Oliver has double ear infections and RSV. It's scary having sick babies!
I'm so sorry your kids immune systems are ganging up on you! It'll be spring soon. Hopefully things will calm down then.
Boo to all the bad germs floating around and landing on your kiddos! Good luck!
Post a Comment