Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Loser-ish Update

I'm down 4.5 pounds.  Woo hoo!
I'm eating pretty well, nothing crazy or fadish, just good foods that are good for my body.
I'm working out 6 days a week.  Usually workout videos, anywhere from 20-50 minutes.  I also occasionally throw on my ipod and dance around like crazy, something my kids find hilarious.  (As would anybody else, but ain't nobody else getting to see that.)
And I'm feeling good.
Even if I'm in second place.

In other news, my kids are still kinda crazy.  The girls are grumpy and ornery and possibly possessed.  They're fighting a lot, and I'm not sleeping much, which is not a good combo.
Isaac is sick.  Poor kid is dripping green gunk from his nose and eyes, and he's not too happy about it.  He pretty much insists on being held during all his waking hours.  And he's not sleeping much.  Add to this, Ellie follows me around the house, grasping at my legs, and whining, "I need you Mom, I need you . . . "  Something she says almost as often as she says, "I'm hungry Mom, I'm hungry!"  Which means I have two kids grasping at me crying, while having to prepare something for Little Miss Growth Spurt something new every hour or so.  I'm so sick of my kitchen. 
When Greg comes home from work, I pretty much throw the kids at him and run into a vacant room for 20 minutes of nobody. freaking. touching. me. 

Have I mentioned I'm really, really done with winter?


And how glad I am that I'm trying to live by a 'this is but a short season' mantra right now?

3 comments:

Statham Family Blog said...

I am so happy on your weight loss, I have been trying to get back into the groove and its just plain been hard, I think alot of it is this stupid weather, dreary and cold. I just posted on my facebook

"can't believe how cold it is right now (16 degrees) and its suppose to get colder today.....didn't know I moved to Alaska ...hummmmm when did that happen?

keep up the good work, maybe you'll be my incentive to get going again:)

Jessi said...

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in seven months.... I was pleasantly surprised.... Thanks breast feeding and a dairy free diet! Of course, now that I am doing neither, we'll see....

Kerry said...

Congratulations! That's really great! Keep up the good work. Losing weight isn't easy but when a woman sets her mind to it .. watch out.