Greg and I are past the worst of the illness, and seem to be steadily getting better each day.
While Annie has horrible coughing fits randomly throughout the day, she really seems to be almost back to normal. We're still using her steroid inhaler and her rescue inhaler fairly regularly, but we haven't done a nebulizer breathing treatment in a few days.
The two little kids though -- what the crap!? They're both progressively getting sicker. They are three and two weeks into their illnesses, and it should be over! They sound and look horrible -- coughing, snotty noses, funky congested breathing. They're both grumpy and napping crappy. And sleeping at night is a disaster . . . I dread night time. I lay in bed at night, dreading falling asleep because I know that as soon as I do, one (or both!) of them will wake up screaming. Last night I went to bed around 10:30PM, and by then Isaac had already woken up twice and Ellie had woken up three times. Isaac woke up every 1-3 hours throughout the rest of the night (nursing so often that even though I drank over 32 ounces during the night, I was so dehydrated when I woke up my lips were cracking!) Ellie fortunately only whimpered and coughed throughout the night, but never really woke up again after 10PM until 7:20AM (which is totally sleeping in for Ellie -- the child almost never wakes up this side of 7AM).
I have now dragged Isaac into the doctor's twice for this 'mystery illness' -- he's had chest x-rays and urine tests, and nothing. The doctor's have shrugged it off as, "He must just want to see Mommy during the night!" I cannot wait for this to get over . . . I was pretty patient during the first round, but I'm starting to think I won't handle a second round with as much 'grace' . . . :-)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry that you're going through round two. Having had similar versions of round one in my home I know it's no cake walk. I hope that things improve quickly!
Poor babies! Poor mama! Sending more and stronger healthy vibes your way!
Post a Comment