Saturday, February 19, 2011

On the Bright Side . . .

We made it a whole 24 hours with nobody having to go to the emergency room.

But, the drain in our furnace room backed up and flooded the basement.  But, we have it on the way to being cleaned up (carpets ripped up, pads torn out, fans going.)  We're in a good holding pattern until we figure out what to do next. 


My house smells like rotten food and sewer water.  Fortunately, I'm so sick and stuffed up that I can barely smell it.  :-)




Edited to add:  Seriously -- you're all going to think I'm joking, BUT, our water heater has a leak and we need a new one. Greg (who is sick) is on his way to Home Depot to get a new one. And the leaking water heater had nothing to do with today's earlier flooding.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Unbelievable, although I will take house problems over trips to the ER!

Kirstin said...

Are you sure there isn't a Johnson family curse? I would seriously consider some sort of ritual sacrifice in the near future to try to stop the craziness!

Emily said...

O my goodness I can't believe your basement flooded I guess it's true when they say when it rains it poor's I hope the next month will not be so eventful for you guys. Im just down the street if I can help out in any way :)