Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dino Museum Fieldtrip

Annie was very excited to go on her latest fieldtrip for preschool.  Ellie was even more excited as she put on her sister's extra preschool shirt from last year.  But, of course, as we got in the van to drive to the museum, Ellie started crying, "No!  Going to Ms. Jenny's house!"   I hadn't realized she thought she was getting on the shirt because she was going to actual preschool -- I thought I'd explained the whole fieldtrip thing, but apparently Ellie was quite distraught we weren't just getting ready to go play at the preschool. 

Once we got there though, Ellie cheered up, while playing with some of her favorite friends . . .




Annie, Ellie and Sarajayne pretending to be gorillas.
Always the favorite -- playing in the dinosaur bones digging area.

Two sets of sisters -- Sarajayne and Kate, and Ellie and Annie.

One of Ellie's meltdowns.

Best friends.  And a triceratops.

Annie being all nurturing and stuff with Ellie at the erosion table.

Kate, Ellie, Annie, Sarajayne and Kian checking out the fish.

Annie & Ivy bouncing to see how much they could make the scale register.

Isaac and I were there too, but he was strapped to me in either the front carrier or a sling, so there are no pictures.  I attempted to get him down for a nap for a solid TWO HOURS.  And it never worked.  Then we drove home -- not a short drive either, and in all that time he refused to fall asleep too.  He's six months old, and the first time I got him down for a nap that day was at almost 2PM.  My kids are sleep-hating freaks!  :-)

And later that day, my girls were just having fun playing in front of the cameras.  I have several videos of them singing, dancing and talking -- but they're all ridiculously long and too much of a pain to upload.  :-)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Ellie looks so cute in her preschool shirt. I cannot believe she'll be old enough to be a preschooler in the fall!

Jeana said...

We love the dinosaur museum too.