Monday, November 22, 2010

A Letter to my Baby Brother

My little brother's main request of me while he's on his mission is to keep him informed of all the latest Annie & Ellie antics.  So after Annie had her friends over today, I sent him this little story . . .

I did NOT think I'd have to be dealing with this for another 7-8 years or something -- but the little boys from the neighborhood kept coming over today, ringing the door bell and Annie would come to the door and they'd throw their snowballs on the ground (not at her, thankfully! Just onto the front porch.)  Then they'd run away laughing, and high fiving and hiding out of sight.  Annie, and her friend Aniston, would call after the boys, "You're silly billys!" or "You boys are goofy boofys!"  Then they'd shriek and giggle and prepare for the next 'attack', planning on ways to 'get' the boys, going back and forth between shrieking & hiding and giggling & arming themselves.  They'd lock the door and exclaim, "Quick! Quick! Lock the doors before the boys come back and get us!" and if the boys didn't show up again in a few minutes, the girls were out on the front porch armed with snowballs waiting to get them back. This went on for about 45 minutes.  There was much giggling and plotting and such exchanges between the sexes.  It's like she's a teenager already and the flirting is already going full swing!  I hate to tell you this, but at this rate, she may just be married by the time you get back!  :-)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh my! Isn't Annie still a toddler???? Ha ha! How did she get so old?

Kerry said...

I loved this story. I can't even imagine Jackson being one of the neighborhood boys throwing snow balls at someones door, but I know one day ......