Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Pics and Other Stuff

So, I totally forgot to bring my camera to Thanksgiving this year.  So, that night I hurry and snapped a few pictures of Isaac in his 'Baby's First Thanksgiving' shirt . . .

Which is the same shirt Annie wore her first Thanksgiving in 2006 . . .
(She was 6 months old in these pictures vs. Isaac's 4 1/2 months old on Thanksgiving)


It wasn't until today that I remembered that Ellie did not get to wear the traditional 'Baby's First Thanksgiving' shirt . . . she was wearing a matching sweater with Annie and we also were living my in-law's basement while we were in the middle of our move to this house, and I couldn't find it.  :-(
Here's Ellie's first Thanksgiving, 2008, 6 months old.

Then, just for fun, I put together a bunch of 4 1/2 month old pictures of the kids --
Isaac is the first and third row, Annie's the second row and Ellie's the last row.

And the last few weeks in pictures --
Isaac and his sisters, who had buried him in toys in his bouncy chair (notice there's about 15 toys on his lap)

Daddy and Isaac in his monkey pajamas.

Annie and her baby doll.
 Isaac sitting up in his bumbo chair.  Usually he just tries to use it to propel himself into a standing position, so I can never walk more than 2 feet away when he's in it.

Already fascinated with toy trucks . . . 

 Annie and Isaac marveling over the truck.

Annie in her Thanksgiving day outfit.

 Ellie already in her pajamas by the time I got the camera out on Thanksgiving.
 
Black Friday shopping -- I went to Kohl's around 8:30AM.  Nobody was in line.  Shopped until 10AM, when everyone decided to get in line at the same time.  I got both of the girls new night gowns.  Ellie will ONLY wear nightgowns to bed, and always kicks off her blankets, so I constantly worry about her freezing at night.  So, long sleeve nightgowns in a warmer material seemed like a good idea.  I bought those for the girls, and long sleeve Sunday dresses for the cold weather.  So basically all my 'Christmas' shopping was for now, and not Christmas.
Here's Ellie in her new princess nightgown . . .

 Sisters in their 'matching' gowns . . .

 Isaac and Daddy . . . this outfit of Isaac's is one of my FAVORITES now, as it totally brings out the blue in his eyes.

 "Look Mom, I found my feet!"
He's big into holding onto his feet, but rarely brings them to his mouth like his sisters always did.  He doesn't seem nearly as flexible as them either, as his feet barely make it to his mouth whereas his sisters could basically fold their bodies in half and shove their whole foot in their mouths . . .

Here's Annie at 5 months -- much more bendy :-)

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Loved seeing the cute baby pictures of the girls on their first Thanksgivings! Isaac is so cute too. I can't wait for Quinn to start playing with her feet!

WonderKitty said...

On the flexibility, I couldn't do that foot-in-mouth thing when I was a baby, and my mom had to stretch out my hip muscles all the time. I am still not flexible and have only gone through spurts of being able to do stuff like touch my toes. So make him get that foot in his mouth!!

Kerry said...

Loved all the fun pictures and comparisons. Sounds like you all had a fun Thanksgiving despite Greg's work schedule. And I TOTALLY know how hard it is to get ready and leave the house with you are outnumbered by children 3 to 1. I'm thinking of becoming a hermit when the baby arrives. 3 is hard enough, I can't imagine 4!!