Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Peas in a Pod

With every passing day Annie and Isaac look more and more alike to me.  They have such a sweet bond, and Annie is definitely a second Mom to him (a second Mom who's not allowed to pick him up and carry him around, but a second Mom nonetheless.)  And there are times where I see them sitting together (Annie has him on her lap at every possible opportunity), out of the corner of my eye, and I can't get over how similar they are.

Does anyone else see it?


I don't think I mentioned this in Isaac's four month checkup post, but his pediatrician commented on the familial resemblance between me and my kids.  She'd had to leave the room for a minute to take an urgent call, and when she walked back in, she threw open the door, apologized, "Sorry about that," then froze in place.  She scanned our four faces, as Annie, Ellie, Isaac and I were sitting in a row on the few chairs in the room.  "Wow," she breathed, "I guess there's no doubt who they all belong to!" 


Then just a few random pictures from this last week. 

Sleeping baby picture -- 'cause they're the sweetest things ever.

Ellie, Daddy and Isaac before bed.
As it's cooling off, we've been concerned about Ellie staying warm enough at night.  She kicks off all covers, but absolutely insists on wearing nightgowns to bed.  So we talked her into wearing her Elmo footies pajamas underneath her Minnie Mouse nightgown.  It worked for like three days, now she's back to just sleeping in her nightgowns again.  Stupid $8.00 I spent on footie pajamas.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Your kids are adorable and so similar looking. I can't wait until Isaac is a little older so I can do a proper comparison. I am not good at babies!

I also love Ellie rocking the layers... I hope she goes back to that look for warmth and for fashion!

Vala said...

I am not usually a good judge of whether family looks alike, but I definitely see it in your kids. I don't know your family at all, but there would never be ANY MISTAKING that you all are related! :)
Isaac won't do blankets either (or a sleep sack anymore,) and I worry too! We also don't save money turning the heat down at night because of it. HMPH!

Kerry said...

I totally love pictures of sleeping babies! Your babes definitely look alike for sure. Such fun!