So, I keep answering questions in the comment section with new blog posts. Which works well, 'cause then I actually have blog posts unlike the last few weeks where I've been averaging like 1 post every 6 days.
Anyway, my sister in law,
Liz, asked when my girls hair (finally)
started to grow and when it was long enough to be pulled back into cute baby pony tails and stuff. The basic answer to that is A REALLY LONG TIME. I don't quite remember when my girls finally got enough hair to do anything with, but it was a lot longer than most people's babies. I pulled up a few pictures to try and remind me, and I'll go ahead and post them here . . .
 |
| First birthdays -- Annie and then Ellie. Annie had a bit more than Ellie, and it already had a lot of curl. |
 |
| Here's Ellie and then Annie at 18 months old. |
Then all this made me curious and I started to compare the girls' hair with other people throughout the family . . .
 |
| Bald little me is on the left, and Greg has more hair at a few months old on these pictures on the right than our girls' had at a year! |
 |
| This is Greg's sister, Andrea, at her first birthday party. Compare her gorgeous thick head of hair to my girls' first birthday pictures! Greg's family definitely has the hair genes, whereas my girls seemed to inherit their baby-hair-deficiency traits from me! |
 |
| Greg's older brother, James. He has so much hair as a baby that he needed it cut constantly. And it adorably kinda looks like he has a toupee on :-) |
 |
| In my family I'm not alone in baldness (all of us were fairly hairless as babies). The baby on the left here is my sister Star, and on the right is Talina (in one of those old-timey touristy pictures from Lagoon, thus the black & whiteness.) |
 |
| I did eventually get hair -- and when I did it came in and has always been super thick. The top two pictures are of Greg and I -- I'm around 19 months old, and Greg's probably 21 months old here. The bottom two pictures are of me around two and then two and a half. In that last picture I'm almost exactly the same age as Ellie is now. |
I kept thinking one of these days I'd get a kid with hair like Greg's family all had, but thus far we've had all bald babies!
 |
| Then this pictures is basically just here for Greg. It's Annie when she's 18 months old and she looks like she's gonna go ninja on that remote control truck. It's one of Greg's favorite pictures of her. It also kinda shows how tiny she was at 18 months old. And she's bigger here than she was at 20 months old, after she got sick and lost a few pounds and was barely over 19lbs. | | | |
4 comments:
Okay, the picture of you in the pink jammies is basically Annie with brown hair.
And the one of you holding the lion (your childhood was so freakin' cool) is totally Ellie.
There are so many times that I can see bits of you and Greg in the girls (and Isaac), but every once in a while I see a picture and I kind of do a double take. :)
Now we just need to see if my kids end up with as much hair as me. I need to get on that!
Love the ninja moves... Also looks like she is trying to control the car with her mind!
On the bright side you now have lots more hair then Greg. So maybe being a bald baby is not so bad. Once my girls had hair and I spent so much time curling and braiding it I was really happy your hair took its time growing in. Once they give up naps then the hair can grow. bed hair twice a day is to much work.
Post a Comment