Sunday, November 14, 2010

Listed In Order . . .

This morning, after breakfast, I pulled out some cookie dough from the refrigerator that we'd made earlier this week.  I was going to let it sit out and soften up a bit, then have the girls help me make cookies for Sunday dinner at my parent's house tonight. 
Annie came in, saw the cookie dough and squealed, "Yay!  Cookies!  My favorite!"  I explained we'd be making them for later, and she was begrudgingly okay with that.  "You know Mom," she said, "Cookie are my very favorites.  Out of desserts we eat, I mean."
She started to walk out of the kitchen, the suddenly turned and exclaimed, "Wait! Cupcakes!"  She took a breath, seemed to settle on that and then clarified calmly, "Okay, cupcakes, then cookies."  Then turned to walk out again.  Suddenly stopping in her tracks, she spun around again and exclaimed, "Wait! Ice cream!  Then cake!  Then cupcakes.  Then cookies," then after a pause, "then muffins."  She stood there for a second and seemed satisfied with the current rankings, then turned to leave the kitchen again.  Right as she passed the table though, I suddenly called out, "What about brownies?"
She sighed, then said, "Then brownies."  Then left, back into the front room to watch "Dinosaur Train" while I did breakfast dishes.
About ten seconds later though, a streak of blonde came charging back into the kitchen, stopped right by me at the dishwasher and exclaimed, "Brownies, before muffins!  Brownies, and then muffins.  Okay?"  Then without another word she went back to the couch and watched the rest of her show.

Glad we got that all sorted out though!  :-)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

This made me giggle.... I agree... Cupcakes are at the top of my list too!

Kerry said...

I just have to say that 4 year olds are SUPER cool! They're just so much fun and listening to how their little brains work and process things is defnitely a joy in life. Loved this story. Jackson is in the same phase.